Home

Sunday, October 13, 2024

A double-standard

I don’t usually post political stuff, but I’ve had it. The U.S. election rhetoric is heating up, and some of it is deeply offensive to women.

Vance is vilifying women for not having children with his childish cat lady comments. What about men who decide to remain single and not have kids? Why is this a double standard? First of all, it’s a personal choice, and sometimes a physical issue, as to why a woman might not have children. Don’t tread on us, Vance! Mind your own damn business.


The other offensive comment I’ve seen from MAGAs is that Kamala had to give blow jobs to get where she is today. This statement claims that women are only successful if they screw their way to the top. I am so offended by this comment. I don’t know if she did this, and I don’t care. So what if she slept with men? Women shouldn’t be vilified for having a healthy sex life.

I have never been so offended in my life by political statements.

And then there is the abortion issue, which is more about women’s healthcare. This is serious.

Women need to show their displeasure at the voting booth this November. Vote for the candidate who will fight for women’s rights.

This is also why I will never read a book with a weak, helpless female lead character. Fearless Females rule!


Website: https://www.kelleyheckart.com/

Amazon Author PageL https://www.amazon.com/author/kelleyheckart


1 comment:

Tina Donahue said...

I 100% agree with everything you wrote, Kelley. My take is that some men are deeply afraid of and jealous of women. I experienced it growing up with an older brother. He loathed me from day one and I couldn't figure out why since I never interacted with him unless absolutely forced to by parents. I finally figured out he was miffed that I didn't bow down to him and was jealous that I was happy. Those like him are sad creatures to be pitied.