Home

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Book Birthday - See No Evil Michael Mandrake #transromance #BWWM #paranormal #nolaseries

 

Hello

I'm celebrating another book birthday for my revised Nola series. The one that's coming up is See No Evil which was published in 2019. It's an interracial trans romance with my existing characters along with some new ones. 

The book will be available again for purchase this year since I plan on re-releasing all of them!

Here is a snippet. Again, I'm revising this book so no blurb or buylink. 

When Waylon reached the door, he ran up the few steps and rang the bell. He rubbed his shoulders and leaned his head forward, trying to avoid the chilly air hitting his face.

“Yes, who is it?”

“Naomi, it’s me. I’m downstairs.”

No answer, just a buzz, allowing Waylon into Naomi’s second-floor abode. He closed the door tightly behind him and walked up the hardwood floor steps to get to her place. When he reached the second floor, he made a sharp right and stood in front of apartment 206. To get warm, he blew on his hands and rubbed them together.

In less than a minute, Waylon heard several locks click and Naomi opened the door with a pensive look on her face. As per usual, Naomi dressed in her Asian style purple robe. Her hot cocoa colored skin was a great contrast to the covering on her body. Decorative sticks held Naomi’s black curly hair in place with the exception of a few wayward strands.

With no makeup, Naomi was still ravishing.

Despite his personal creed, he couldn’t help to be taken by her beauty.

“Hey, ba …”

Waylon’s greeting as cut off when she crashed into him, holding Waylon as if he were her means to survival. He ran his hand through the loose strands of her hair and pressed his nose into the side of her neck. Wanting more of her, he kissed the side of her head and held her tight to his body. Waylon cared deeply for Naomi and couldn’t wait until they made love.

“Shh, it’s okay, baby. Tell me what’s hurting my girl.” Waylon pushed his frames back up on his nose.

“Waylon I’m so happy to see you,” Naomi cried into his jacket, sniffling. “You feel like a damn icicle too. What have I told you about not wearing a coat?”

Waylon harrumphed and continued to hold her because her voluptuous frame felt amazing under his fingers. Electricity shot through his tips to every erogenous zone in his body. It had been harder than hell to keep himself under control.

“What’s wrong, babe?”

Naomi moved slightly and looked down a moment. “I dunno what’s going on. I’ve been having these intense dreams, visions of – Shit Way I’m losing my fucking mind.” Her light brown eyes met his.

“What do you mean?” Waylon asked. He ran his hand down her shoulder, then back up to her face. He lightly caressed it with his nails.

“Let’s go inside and I’ll tell you more.” Naomi pulled on his hand and led him into her apartment.

The place was immaculate. White walls with accents of gold around the windows. Frame Asian prints colored the walls while vases with purple Asiatic flowers rising from the tops. Her white sectional was partially covered with purple throws, all with Asian style writing or prints on the front while fluffy pillows stacked three high flanked her coffee table.

Although Waylon had been inside quite a bit, he was still amazed at Naomi’s attention to detail and impeccable style. She made the most of the thousand or so square feet with her design ideas. He removed his shoes and followed her to the sectional in the center of the living room.

“Would you like something warm to drink, honey? I can make you some tea. Orange pekoe. Your favorite.” Naomi flashed him a wry smile.

“No, I’m good. Had coffee on the way in. Come have a seat and tell me about these nightmares you been having.” Waylon patted the seat next to him.

Naomi nodded and did as Waylon asked. She curled up with Waylon and laid her head on his shoulder. “I swear I just don’t know what’s going on. I been … dreaming about the ladies who been killed and what happened to them. Some of the most gruesome images … I dunno, I’ve never been psychic, ever. I heard rumblings in my family about our ancestors having some psychic powers. I ain’t never believed in any of it.”

Waylon softly rubbed her back from her neck down to her waist. “First time for everything then, hmm? I mean, we didn’t know Kajika had vampire uncles until about a year ago.”

“Yeah. And I wonder if Ryland has something to do with it. I mean, I remember us having a talk about you and me going out together. Never anything about the murders. Do you think Ryland is trying to help you guys out through me?”

“I dunno, sweets.” Waylon shrugged cradling Naomi’s head in his hands. “Could be. Ryland told me and Dale a while back he isn’t supposed to interfere.”

“Well, maybe this is his way of doing somethin’ ‘cause I swear, I have never had any kinda dreams so graphic and real like this.”

“How, though? Ryland’s a vampire. From what I know about vampire lore, they can only read minds or zap someone’s brain to make them forget. I don’t think they have much power beyond that.”

Naomi shifted and moved to face him. She cocked an eyebrow and toyed with the covering on the side. “Pssh. I don’t put nothing passed Kajika’s freaky family members. Anything is possible. Some of the things Kajika had been telling me before he left on the trip was something. He said it was like Ryland could read him and find out everything about their family tree. Ryland might be more than just a vampire too. Who knows? For whatever reason, I’m not as scared of him anymore. It might be ‘cause he’d been so nice and getting us together. I dunno. I truly think I’m losing all my cookies.”

“No, you’re not. You might have a point. However, he isn’t here so we’re not going to be able to ask him.” Waylon leaned in, pulling her close again. “Why not forget about all of it for now, okay? We’ll sit back, watch a little television, and relax together. Or maybe, we’ll talk a little more about our plans.”

Naomi smiled sweetly and pecked his lips. “Those are good ideas. Where are you taking me?”

“It’s a surprise. I got it all planned out. Just know we’re getting out of the cold. I need you to wear the skimpiest swimsuit you own on our trip.”

“Mhmm. And what’cha gonna do with the suit?”

Waylon smiled at her and took her hand into his. “I’m gonna ogle it for a bit then peel it off you.” He kissed the top of Naomi’s head. “Then we’ll make love on the beach. Oh damn.”

Naomi giggled and hugged him tight to her body. “Okay, now you let the cat out the bag. So where we’re going has a beach.”

“Well, there’s a lot of places with beaches. Just trust we’ll be away from this chilly weather for four days. I wish it could be longer, but the Police balls’ happening and I don’t wanna miss the opportunity to show you off.”

“Oh dang, Waylon, I swear you are amazing. Listen, I … I know this is forward. Do you think you could spend the night? I … I’m scared. I don’t want to be alone.”

Instantly Waylon’s cock sprouted in his trousers when he heard Naomi’s invite. Waylon thought it a good idea to hold off on the intimacy for a while because he desperately wanted to spend his vacation at her side and temporarily forget about his job. It had been hard as hell to do so. Waylon had braced himself for the six days he’d requested right before the policeman’s ball on the twentieth. He’d planned on taking Naomi away for four, then come back, attending the fancy shindig with her on his arm as his date.

“Um. Of course. I can sleep out here on the sofa.”

“Oh no, you don’t, Waylon. If you’re still gonna hold onto the chastity belt then you’re sleeping in the spare bedroom. No one and I mean no one sleeps on my couch.” Naomi scolded him.

Waylon smiled wryly and nodded. In truth, he wanted to throw the belt out the window. “All right, missy ma’am, will do. I’ll take the spare bed and hopefully, the dreams of being close to you will come fast and furious.”


****


To keep up with what I'm doing, pls visit thelitriad.com


1 comment:

Tina Donahue said...

Major congrats on your newest book birthday! Great excerpt - this sounds like a fascinating story. And I love the cover. :)