Home

Sunday, September 1, 2024

Illness and Memory by Janet Lane Walters #MFRWAuthor #Writing #Memory

 Lately, I've been missing my blog dates. Part of this could be age but I fear most is because I'm fighting illness. As to the age - I'm eighty eight or as one of my children said twice the piano keys. I'm working on a new book and this brings new characters into being. Hopefully this will be another series like the Mrs. Miller series.

The title as yet is the Demise of the Horror Writer. Both hero and heroine are newly created and this does tike some time to hone their characters.  She does research for college professors and is about to lose her married partner whose husband has been transferred. The heroine has a five year old son and  mother who takes care of him. She is looking for a house or an apartment large enough for the three of them.

The hero is a local policeman who has recently risen from being a patrol officer to being an investigator. He ahs a five year old son and his sister gave up her career as a nurse to watch the child. He owns  huge old house that was divided into two apartments. Both having three bedrooms.

Hopefully there will be other books and I'm toying with ideas for two more. The Historical Author's snuff boxes and The Ertic author's nightgown. One will see.

There are also two Regencies I've agreed to write. One is coming up next. These three will complete the one written as Gemstones.

If you wish to look up my books, go to Books We Love Publishing and there's a whole list.

2 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, Janet. Hope you get better soon. We love your posts. :)

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

I hope you'll be feeling better soon. If I'm still around at 88, I hope I'll still be writing. Imagination knows no age limits.