Home

Saturday, April 6, 2024

My New Preoccupation

 

My New Preoccupation

After the holidays, my life changed for the better. But it's a wild ride. His name is Loki. He's a poodle-bichon and lives up to his name. 




In June, my last puppy, Grissom (on right), passed. He was fourteen years old and had lived a great life. He lived five years longer than his sister, Calleigh (on left). Both of them brought a lot of joy in our lives. In fact, I used them as inspiration for dogs in a couple of romances. 


We were missing having a dog to care for. They really do bring a lot to our lives. It took me only six months to convince my husband that we needed a dog. I found a litter about three hours away and we waited while the dogs got old enough for us to pick up the one for us. 


Loki is learning and makes mistakes but he'd finally settling into a routine. We can't go for a walk without him bringing home a stick. He loves nap time with Daddy. He's even made friends with some of the dogs in the neighborhood. It's only a matter of time before Loki shows up in a book!

Here's two of my stories which feature Calleigh and Grissom. 


Dogs, Danger, and a Cross-Country Trip….

Nothing has gone easy in Alexis Bandit’s life. On a trip to rescue mistreated puppies and drive them to their forever homes, she meets up with a tuxedo-clad cowboy on the run and offers him a ride.

Jason Fields thought he had it all—a beautiful fiancée, a loving family, and great job—until he overheard his future father-in-law talk about arranging his murder. Now he’s on the run, without money, a phone, or a credit card.

With a killer on their tail, four mischievous pups, and many miles of highway, what could go wrong?




Can Rob and Keira's second honeymoon lead to romance, or will it crash and burn?

On the verge of a divorce, Rob and Keira Matthews book a second honeymoon at the urging of their counselor. Unable to conceive, they've pushed each other away in an effort to protect their hearts. Will a romantic holiday be the ticket to love or a plane crash in disaster?



I'd love to hear about your furbabies! You can reach me at www.melissakeir.com or on FB- https://www.facebook.com/melissaakeir

Until next month!


Melissa Keir
www.melissakeir.com

1 comment:

Tina Donahue said...

OMG, Loki is too cute! No wonder you're in love with this furbaby. :)

Will he get as big as Grissom and Calleigh?

I definitely feel your pain about losing them. When my cat LKB (Little Kitty Baby) passed, I was devastated.

I can't imagine anyone not loving animals. To me, they're the most wonderful creatures on the planet. :)