Home

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Autumn’s mysterious path #WritingLife #RomanceNovels


After unpacking too many boxes and putting away dishes and clothes, I took a moment to sit outside on my new front porch, unprepared for how fast time has gone by. The air has changed from a sticky mist to crisp, with just the right amount of sweetness, like the perfect apple. The overcast sky was streaked with gray, like my hair has become. Summer has gone to sleep, giving the show to autumn.

Soon, green leaves will turn red and gold, along with that fiery orange color that makes my breath catch. The brisk nights will eventually lead to cold days, and the trees will be stripped and stark under a sky that gives no mercy to the things and people that crave the bright heat. Where summertime exists in a blaze of light, autumn is darker. She makes us search for answers. In that landscape, I see potential, and I see the impending winter.

As the gray in my hair multiplies, and my seasons and surroundings change, I have even more questions, and more mysteries I want to solve. I finished writing the last book in my Stranger Creatures series (steamy, paranormal romance) and, after taking a moment to catch my breath, new characters and new stories are begging to come to life inside my composition notebook.

 

What I’m working on now:

I’ve just begun writing book 2 in my Haven Forest Resort series, and, as with my Stranger Creatures series, each book in the series will feature a different couple in their fight for a happily ever after. I’ve also been working on a couple of romantasy novellas featuring women in their forties navigating unexpected new paths in life, as well as writing more poetry and dystopian fiction short stories.

 

If you’d like to follow me on social media for my latest book information and excerpts, poems, contest info, book recommendations, and other fun stuff, you can find me at:

Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Christina-Lynn-Lambert/e/B01MCYK0K7

BookBub:  https://www.bookbub.com/authors/christina-lynn-lambert

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/christinalynnlambert

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15900423.Christina_Lynn_Lambert

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/christinalynnlambert

Wordpress: https://christinalynnlambertwordpress.com

Bluesky: https://bsky.app/profile/cllambauthor.bsky.social


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've been buy, Christina! Good for you. Love your books. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear once it is approved by the moderator.