Home

Sunday, October 4, 2026

Come Up To My Lab And See What's On the Slab

 

Not that lab, although it's certainly fabulous

The Long and Short Reviews question for October 7th asks what profession from a book, movie, or TV show I’d like to try and why?

I don’t want to try it at this point because I’m old and tired and my body is a complete dumpster fire thanks to years of abusing it working at physically demanding jobs that usually didn’t pay enough to justify the kind of punishment being heaped on this old carcass. That being said, I was always interested in the idea of being a medical examiner. 

It would have been fulfilling to learn why people died and to potentially help solve crimes. Of course, it would have been frustrating when I couldn’t achieve that objective. One of the things that held me back from being more aggressive about actually pursuing the training for this career was the thought of doing autopsies on children. It’s easier to have a clinical mindset when the person being examined is an adult.

On TV, female medical examiners often have their hair down, aren’t wearing masks, and have perfect makeup. In real life, required protective measures override glamorous montages. That would have suited me fine. I’m completely unglamorous, and, as far as I know, I’ve never been the subject of a montage. 


https://longandshortreviews.com


Visit me at naughtynetherworldpress.start.page





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it is approved by the moderator.