The Long and Short Reviews prompt for September 2 asks for one sci-fi item or ability that we wish really existed.
Here is some music to enjoy while we ponder the possibility.
https://odysee.com/@AncientRealms:e/CNV07:0?r=76byLTy8eLwNnT413RLsdZmfY9RfvBgE
Conversations with the Time Keeper.
My choice is the transporter from the Star Trek universe. I also include a mini review of Star Trek the Motion Picture free of charge.
Boy howdy, would I love it if I didn't have to drive 65 miles at 65 miles an hour to go to Costco. It would be so handy if my family and I could just step into our home transporter room and arrive in Costco's transporter room seconds later. Then when we were done shopping, we could just beam back home with our haul.
I should specify that I want the transporter from Star Trek the Original Series. I've never understood why they crapified the transporter in the first Star Trek movie. The one they had during the three seasons of the show never turned anyone into an unrecognizable pile of meat. I was looking forward to this movie so much, and the transporter horror scene was not an auspicious start.
Despite the multitude of problems with the movie, I enjoyed it overall and would watch it again. I give it three stars because I was thrilled to be reunited with my favorite characters and the special effects were awe-inspiring. However, the writers were so enamored with depicting the concept of man merging with (attractive female) machine that they didn't seem to care whether the rest of the story was cohesive and engaging.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comment will appear once it is approved by the moderator.