It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me. I took on a new job at the evil day job. I'm trying to do Nanowrimo. And there was the election. No matter which side you were on that one, there was no denying it was emotional and a nail biter.
So instead of writing a big blog post this month, I thought I'd write a few items you might be able to learn from me...from my writing.
* I have a shoe fetish. A BIG one. I love shoes and they come up very often in my books. Some of the stories I've written have be inspired by a pair of shoes or by a character wearing that specific pair of heels. But they don't always come up as a good thing. Often heels are described as torture devices or pain creators, which I also agree with. I love heels, I think they are beautiful, but that doesn't mean they are always comfortable.
* I'm a vegetarian. If you pay close attention to my writing, my characters very rarely eat meat. It wasn't even something I noticed at first. It was a critique partner that brought up that my characters never eat meat. And they eat a lot--because I also have a food fetish. Its not necessarily a choice that I don't add steaks and chicken nuggets into my stories, I just doesn't enter into my mind to even add meat in. Because its not a part of my life.
* I have a cat. You don't have to research far to see I have a cat. You only have to go on my Instagram, twitter or facebook page to not only see I have a cat but how much of a center of my world she is. But you could also tell by my writing. Of all the books I've written, I have never had a hero or heroine with a dog for a pet. It is always a cat. These animals don't play a very prime role in my stories, which might also be a reason they are cats, but I'm sure its also because I'm at least in part writing my little crazy furbaby into all my stories.
* I love a crazy cocktail. I'm not a big drinker. I'm a one glass a night at most type of drinker. But if you have a crazy cocktail on your menu, I will order it. Bring on your purple passion fruit nip slip. And as a result I love to come up with crazy cocktails to offer, or inflict, onto my characters.
* I was raised in a rural area. You'll notice that very few of my books take place in a large city but tend more towards rural, and occasionally suburban areas. That's because that's where I was raised and where I feel more comfortable. I was raised in a suburban area of Vermont (which is not a very urban state, for most of my childhood my neighborhood was bordered by not one but two dairy farms). To me the country is where my heart is, and as a result its where love happens.
Well, that's a little more about me. I hope you enjoyed learning more about me and my writing. And feel free to tell me a little about yourself in the comments below.