Seems nobody knows quite how to deal with April Fool's day and Easter coinciding. Whether to be funny or religious is a real puzzler. I'm writing this column on April 1, but I'm going to ignore choosing and just go for more interesting tidbits of knowledge that are more foolish than not.
1. If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
2. If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?
3. Only in this stupid world do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
4. Only in this stupid world do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a diet coke.
5. ... do banks leave vault doors open and then chain pens to the counters.
6. ....do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the drivey and put our useless junk in the garage.
7. ....do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
8.... do we have driveup ATM machines with Braille lettering.
9....Ever wonder why the sun lightens our hair but darkens our skin?
10. Ever wonder why you never see the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery?'
11. Why is 'abbreviated' such a long word?
12. Why is it that doctors call what they do 'practice'?
Make a choice of your favorite, and be sure to tell us which one.
I've already made a choice, so we'll see if we agree.....
I have a definite weakness for this nonsense stuff, but you can find my serious books at Amazon, MuseItUp, Kobo, Barnes and Noble and all the usual places.