Gotta start out with my latest cover.. This is for book 35 for me and so I have a lot to compare it to and just love this one. I think it's the wicked look in the Earl's eye!
Now on to this column. These are actual quotes from a book, 'Quotes from Great Women'. My twenty-year old granddaughter is visiting so I let her pick some.
1. 'Let the world know who you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget to pose and then where are you?' Fanny Brice
2. 'In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.' Kathleen Norris
3. 'Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart don't know how to laugh, either.' Golda Meir
4. 'Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.' Ann Landers
Those are her favorites. Now I'll add some of mine:
5. 'Ninety-eight percent of the adults in this country are decent-hard-working honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then we elected them.' Lily Tomlin
6. 'Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got.' Betty Ford
7. 'This became a credo of mine....attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.' Better Davis
8. 'Aerodynamically the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it and goes on flying anyway.' Mary Kay Ash
9. 'Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.' Margaret Thatcher
10. 'Far away there in sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach the but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead.' Louisa May Alcott.
Hope you like these and tell me which one is your favorite....