Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Crazy Stuff, for Lexophiles.
Now for the crazy stuff. We're all lexophiles, and like to play with words. You have to be if you're a writer. A competition is held every year to see who can come up with the best lexophiles. Here are some of the winners.
1. When fish are in school, they sometimes take debate.
2. A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.
3. When the smog lifts in Los Angeles U.C.L.A.
4. The batteries were given out free of charge.
5. A dentist and a manicurist married. They fought tooth and nail.
6. A will is a dead giveaway.
7. With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.
8. A boiled egg is hard to beat.
9. When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall.
10. Police were summoned to a day care center where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.
11. Did you hear about the fellow whose entire left side was cut off? He's all right now.
12. A bicycle can't stand alone. It's just two tired.
Til next month, and maybe more of the crazy stuff.