Home

Thursday, September 7, 2017

First day of School for everyone by Harlie Williams! #amwriting



We started school on August 23, 2017.  Now for most people that seem a little early but for us in Texas, not so much.  We don't like our kids going to school in June since that's when camps start, family vacations and basically, everyone is just tired.

This year is no exception except our state got slammed with Hurricane Harvey.  Most schools on the Texas coast hasn't started yet.  They were supposed to but haven't.  My nephew doesn't start until the 11th and he was supposed to start on August 28th.  And his house flooded and he's at the in laws right now.  Why not his parents?  Because he needed to be closer to the high school and come on, really?  A junior in high school living in a house with a bunch of women?  Ha Ha!  I can totally understand why he went to his grandparent's house.

On our home front, Brain started the 7th grade and is playing football.  Eek!  Plus, he is taking Drama.  He loves it and I knew he would.  I started subbing the second day of school and haven't stopped.  Busy, busy.

I'm still waiting on word from the writing contest I entered.  I won't hear anything until October 5th so on my next post, I will be able to tell you how I did.  I'm excited to read the comments and score sheet.
Brian, age 3, HeadStart
Brian, age 12, 7th grade

Where does the time go with your kids?  He doesn't hate us yet and overall, he really is a good kid.  And for those of you that are wondering about his jersey?  It's a Texas A&M 12th man jersey.  We love our Aggies!

As Texas cleans up after Harvey, Florida is preparing for Irma.  Stay safe peeps and get out if you can.  Things can be replaced, people can't.  And don't forget your pets.

Until next time!

My new signature for the blog!  



2 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Hope your boy has a great school year!

Harlie Williams said...

Thanks. He likes it so far. They just grow up too fast.