Home

Monday, July 3, 2017

This is a picture of me a friend recently took. Behind me you can see my printer, and a shelf full of the most essential stuff I need. Files and  bulky stuff are kept in another room, since this is in the family room where I spend most of my time. As you can see, there is always a stack of books beside me. I'm currently reading The Other Boleyn Girl, a fascinating history of Anne's sister Mary,  She truly loved the king, but what a great conniver Anne was.

Now  for some more nonsense stuff, which I promised you last time. Also from The Cynical Philospher.

1. If you think nobody cares if you're dead or alive, try missing a couple of payments.

2. I always wondered what the job application at Hooter's is like. Do they just give you a bra and say,"Here, fill this out?"

3. I can't understand why J C Penny has an older women's clothing line named "Sag Harbor".

4. My therapist said that my narcissism causes me to misread social situations.  I'm pretty sure she was hitting on me.

5. My 60 year old kindergarten reunion is coming up soon. I'm worried about the 175 lbs I've gained since then.
 
6. Denny's has a slogan, "If it's your birthday the meal is on us."  If it's your birthday and you're in Denny's your life sucks.

7. The pharmacist asked me my birthday again today.  I'm pretty sure she's going to get me something.

8. The location of your mailbox shows how far away from your house you can be in a robe without looking like a mental patient.

9. I think it's pretty cool how Chinese people made a language entirely out of tattoos.

10. Money can't buy happiness, but it keeps the kids in touch.


You gotta pick a  favorite. I've been re-reading this and right now I can't.  Probably no. 2. But do tell me yours!!!!

I've got  new book under editing, called "My Elusive Earl". It's a long historical, and with these you have to be sure of so many details. I keep telling myself I chose to write it!!!!! 

All my stuff is available at MuseItUp. Also Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Kobo, and the usual places. My Elusive Earl will be my35th book.


         

5 comments:

Harlie Williams said...

For me, it's #3. I worked in the buying office for Penny's and I used to comment about the name, too.

Harlie

Tina Donahue said...

LOL, I love #2.

jean hart stewart said...

Thanks for commenting, ladies. It was a hard choice for me. In fact every time I spell-checked the list I saw a different one I liked best......I'll stick with no. 2, though.

Tim Smith said...

It's a tie between #3 and #6, but they're all priceless. Thanks for sharing!

jean hart stewart said...

Tim, so glad you enjoyed this bit of nonsense...thanks for commenting...