Home

Monday, July 24, 2017

From @kayelleallen Meet the bad guys from For Women Only #SciFi #Romance

Meet the bad guys from For Women Only @kayelleallen #SciFi #RomanceThere's a reason one reviewer said this book had "complex, scary and slightly disturbing bad guy sidekicks." In this scene, the immortal Dessy (Empress Rheyn Destoiya) had been planning a pleasant evening when her twin brother, Pietas, instigates a riot among her Praetorian Guard and takes her assistant hostage. After she settles everyone down and is alone with him, she lets Pietas know she is not the least bit pleased. Their interaction takes place in her palace office.

   "Why the drama, Pietas?"
   "Your assistant wouldn't let me see you without an appointment."
   "You insufferable..." She palmed the weapon fastened beneath her desk, then withdrew it and aimed at his head.
   Pietas laughed, but he raised his hands. "I should've known you'd be armed."
   With her other hand, she picked up his gun and aimed it at him. "Ambidextrous, remember?"
   He started to put his hands down and she thumbed his weapon to full. His hands went back up. "Fine, Dessy. But I had to see you, and he wouldn't let me in. You know how I hate waiting."
   "For that, you made my favorite your hostage and instigated a riot among my Praetorian?"
  He shrugged.
   She sighed and clicked the safety into place on both weapons. "What do you want?"
   "I haven't seen you in twenty years and that's all you have to say to me?"
   "It's been eleven years, and according to the rules of Peril, I shouldn't have seen you for at least ten more. And you had no right to interfere with anyone I claim as mine. Don't you ever touch Alitus again. If you do, I'll kill you in every way you hate." She tapped the desk. "And I know them all, my dear brother. Is that clear?"
   He twisted his mouth. "Fine. I won't touch your pet."
   "Or allow anyone within your control or influence to do so. So help me, Pietas, promise me or I'll--"
   "Yes, yes. I promise. Don't be tedious. I get the point." He dropped his huge frame into a wingback chair and hung one leg over an arm of it. "Besides, you're impossibly nasty when anyone touches your pets."
   She snorted and slid his gun toward him. "Fine. Now tell me what you want."

For Women Only - Antonello Brothers 2

Publisher Romance Lives Forever Books
Genre science fiction romance, space opera, military science fiction, sweet romance

When Mehfawni Ruh, a Kin ambassador, visits the capitol planet of the empire, she meets security expert Khyff Antonello, a human. A death in her family forces Fawni to return home, but she can't bear to part with Khyff and takes him along. Her family demands she cast out the human, or abdicate her future rule.
When Fawni searches for an alternative, she stumbles upon Khyff’s secret. The cover-up, if exposed, will betray her world to its enemies and bare her family to open shame. Her duty is clear. Yet how can she leave Khyff to suffer in the darkness that binds his heart?
His secret truth is her people's darkest lie.
Amazon https://amzn.to/1f7Ge0P
Amazon (print) https://amzn.to/2eFKee5
In print from Romance Lives Forever Books https://bit.ly/bro-womenprint-kl
The prequel for this book is At the Mercy of Her Pleasure.
Bro is a free short story set before this book opens. Download it here. https://kayelleallen.com/bro/
Grab both At the Mercy of Her Pleasure and For Women Only plus a third book all in one boxed set.
Dessy and Pietas are in multiple books, including Bringer of Chaos: the Origin of Pietas.
The books are free on Kindle Unlimited

Kayelle Allen

Kayelle is a best-selling American author. Her unstoppable heroes and heroines include contemporary every day folk, role-playing immortal gamers, futuristic covert agents, and warriors who purr.
Homeworld/Blog https://kayelleallen.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/kayelleallen
Facebook https://facebook.com/kayelleallen.author
Amazon Author page https://amazon.com/author/kayelleallen
Join the Romance Lives Forever Reader Group Download four free books and get news about books coming soon. All books download immediately. You can unsubscribe at any time.

4 comments:

Kayelle Allen said...

Happy to be here today. :) I love seeing Pietas and Dessy together. They are so not-happy to be twins. LOL

Tina Donahue said...

As always, it's great having you here, Kayelle! Love me some bad guys. Yours are great! :)

Fiona McGier said...

And I love strong heroines! I want to identify with women I can admire, not with those who always need to be rescued. I want to live their exciting lives along with them!

Kayelle Allen said...

I so agree! My heroines are not damsels in distress. LOL