Home

Friday, June 23, 2017

Happy Pink Day

Happy pink day, everyone.

June 23rd  honors the color pink and all it represents.

For instance:

  • Pink combined with white or pale blue is identified with femininity, sensitivity, tenderness, as well as romantics. 
  • And pink combined with violet or black is associated with seduction and eroticism. 

So based on that…if pink isn’t a great color for a romance writer than I don’t know what is. I have always liked the color pink…I like blue and purple a lot too…probably just as much. Red is nice also. 

But today is Pink’s day. So we won’t mention those other colors today.

Also since we are all writers are readers, we like words. The color pink has even influenced English vocabulary, such as:
  • In the pink
  • Pink slip
  • Tickled Pink
I decided for Pink Day, I'd find books of mine with pink covers.


https://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Vampires-Box-Set-Book-ebook/dp/B06ZZS5S8R/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1498199628&sr=1-1&keywords=dancing+vampiresDancing Vampires: Box Set: A Six Book Series 


Seven vampiric temptresses dance with seven handsome highlanders. Then they turn on the men.

Sorcha’s six sisters vanish with the light of dawn, leaving her trapped by Ian in the mortal realm.
Murdina, goes hunting for a man, but this time she wants love not blood. She spots Cameron just as a strong wind lifts his kilt. Sorcha takes a good look and decides he's the one.
The same night Sorcha was left behind on earth, Ever danced with Calin. And, he’s fantasized about her ever since. When they meet again he waste no time in claiming and capturing Ever.
Angus was nearly killed by Charlak when she tried to free Sorcha. A year later Angus comes upon Charlak again. Despite the danger, he has to have one waltz with her. In a passionate embrace, Charlak and Angus dance across a field of heather. An insatiable hunger rises in her and it isn't for his blood.
Mordak spots Tor, and wants more from him than his blood. She burns for his touch, but before she can enchant Tor, three Valkyrie land in front of him. Mordak is not about to let the Norse blondes fly off with her man.
Finally, the last two of the dancing vampire sisters, Foomna and Afric, shimmy and strut their way into belly dancing at a Scottish Steampunk Con. It's all sizzle and steam when they get together with a sexy rock guitarist and a hot looking god at the con. 


I Love You More

A mother's love never fails…it always prevails
On the verge of turning sixty, Garland recalls memories and moments of her life’s journey from an abusive childhood to a bad marriage to the ups and downs of a single mom. She is rewarded with a magical mother’s day with her son, daughter in law, and granddaughter. Her moving story is sure to touch your heart. 
Vampire Waltz (Dancing Vampires Book 4)
From different worlds, fey and human, Charlak and Angus fight for their forbidden love.
Angus, a sexy highlander, is consumed with dreams of Charlak, a fiery vampiric fey. Their dancing steps came to a halt a year ago when they almost killed each other. Angus comes upon the alluring woman again and, despite the danger, he has to have one waltz with her. Angus holds Charlak in a passionate embrace as they dance across a field of heather. An insatiable hunger rises in her and it isn't for his blood.
From different worlds, fey and human, her sisters and his brothers threaten at every turn to keep them apart. Charlak and Angus fight for their future and their forbidden love.

Happy Pink Day, everyone!




3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I love pink or any pastel color. Reminds me of spring.

Love the premise for Dancing Vampires. Here's to countless sales!

jean hart stewart said...

What a great title! Wishing you much success with these. I'm sure I'll love them....

Fiona McGier said...

From what I've read, pink used to be the color of choice for boys, a long, long time ago. It was considered more royal than other colors, and boys were considered more valuable...hey, some things never change, right? But tradition changed when diseases took many infants from their parents way too soon. Blue was the color of the sky, so it was decided that putting boys in blue would disguise them from the evil spirits, who wouldn't notice them if they were dressed in the color of the sky. So they'd leave the boy babies alone. So from that, we get the now traditional blue for boys and pink for girls.

As a child, I hated pink, because it was too girly for me...I've been a proud feminist for as long as I can remember. Gradually I noticed that while pink wasn't a good color for me, peach was. So I was happy. Until I let my hair go grey...silver, actually. Now peach looks awful on me, but pink, especially hot pink, looks good. Oh well...I guess I'm old enough that no one thinks of me as a girlie-girl anymore.

I didn't know there was such a thing as a day for pink. Thanks for sharing.