Home

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

It's almost summer! Yay! Time to write again...

I have an old calendar from Demotivators (check them out if you've never heard of them.  Their stuff is hilarious!)  I gave it to my husband, and kept it for the pictures after that year was done.  The one that I have next to my computer now says, "Madness does not always howl.  Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Truly, that's how I feel right now.  Due to an earlier-than-anticipated delivery date of her 4th child, there is a teacher out, and I'm subbing for her through the end of finals week.  Whereas I expected only 1 or 2 days a week this week, and none next week, I'm going to be subbing every day right up to Memorial weekend, when the school year ends for them...and still tutoring 3 nights and Saturdays until then.  I don't have the summer schedule for my tutoring job yet, so I don't know what my hours will be for that.

But I do know that my head is getting very, very loud.  Stories that have been swirling for months are demanding to be the first ones I work on.  Characters who have been telling me their stories in bits and pieces when I have odd moments to think, like when I'm in the shower, or driving to work, are starting to yell over each other to be heard. The cacophony is getting to be deafening.  But they all have to wait for a couple weeks more.

My website needs updating, I haven't checked my e-mails for weeks, and there are books to be written.  Summer can't come nearly soon enough! 

Meanwhile, if you're in the mood for a hot read to while away the increasingly hot nights, please check out the first of my Minnesota Romances...or the book that Harley called the best book of the year when it came out. Let Raul wrap himself around your heart. You'll love it!

https://www.amazon.com/Love-His-Life-Fiona-McGier-ebook/dp/B00CMHMGXI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494904746&sr=8-1&keywords=For+the+love+of+his+life%2C+by+Fiona+McGier



Until next month, TTFN.
www.fionamcgier.com

4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Hope you get the writing time you need, Fiona. Love your books! :)

jean hart stewart said...

Love the comment about your head getting loud...That can be so true!

Fiona McGier said...

Thanks, ladies. IN a couple of months I'll be complaining about the lack of money coming in, but I'll have time to write. I guess there's always something to complain about.

But at this time in my life, I've come to the realization that I REALLY HATE MONEY! Anyone who says it's not important, has enough to be comfortable on, without worrying about bills. I've never been able to say that. I have skills that others value, like sewing, crocheting, baking, cooking, writing, teaching writing, etc. If bartering were what ruled our world, I'd be set. But instead it's money, and the skills I have are mostly considered "women's work", which means they aren't worth shit in dollars. Sigh.

Harlie Williams said...

I will be complaining too about the money not coming in. I've worked my arse off this year in school. I'm tired, worn out and need to sleep for a month.

I might actually write a bit this summer.

And yes, Raul is still in my top 5 of book boyfriends! *swoon*

Marika/Harlie