Home

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Crazy Stuff, for Lexophiles.

 Here's my two latest covers... Love that sexy look in his eyes.  And Simon is a complete doll.  Who wouldn't want a gorgeous hunk who is completely misunderstood. Except by Troy, of course, but you've got to read the book to savor all Simon and Troy endure before the HEA.

Now for the crazy stuff. We're all lexophiles, and like to play with words. You have to be if you're a writer. A competition is held every year to see who can come up with the best lexophiles. Here are some of the winners.

1. When fish are in school, they sometimes take debate.

2. A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.

3. When the smog lifts in Los Angeles U.C.L.A.

4. The batteries were given out free of charge.

5. A dentist and a manicurist married. They fought tooth and nail.

6. A will is a dead giveaway.

7. With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.

8. A boiled egg is hard to beat.

9. When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall.

10. Police were summoned to a day care center where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.

11. Did you hear about the fellow whose entire left side was cut off? He's all right now.

12. A bicycle can't stand alone. It's just two tired.

I know, those were dreadful puns, but I love them. I'd be so pleased if you wanted to comment and tell me your favorite. If it matches mine I'll send you a copy of any of my back list.  I can be found at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and of course my wonderful publisher, MuseItUp.

Til next month, and maybe more of the crazy stuff.

2 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

LOL - I love these, Jean! Congrats on your newest covers. They are amazing! :)

jean hart stewart said...

Thanks, Tina. You're always such a strong supporter,,,,