Home

Thursday, March 2, 2017

On Vacation in Nola, perfect timing for the last book in the Nawlins Series



Greetings readers!

I'm currently on vacation in New Orleans LA. For the last 6 years, I've taken this trip to NOLA for Mardi Gras, This one is special because I brought my nine year old with me to enjoy the parades and see the sights. It's always a blast and my husband and I enjoy the annual trek immensely. Seems like we can't get enough of this town with all it's charm.

Because of this, I started a series called N'awlins Exotica. I've been writing this collection since 2013 and now, nearly 4 years later, it is complete. The last book in my series will be ready to go next week. Due to my new foray into writing a trans character, I wanted to have several opinions on the book and I hope in the end, people will enjoy the ending to this series.

Okay, sort of because I do have one more part of the collection planned which will be all paranormal. And then there are a couple of spinoff books that I'd like to write for characters who didn't get a story. So watch for those. In the meantime, here is a blurb and a small snippet of See No Evil, book 6 by Rawiya!



Blurb: Christmas comes sooner than expected in the Big Easy.

With the serial killer on the loose, the Crescent City has become a place of nightmares. Inflicting terror on New Orleans has been his first order of business, and now, due to a recent faux pas, he’s on the run from district nineteen police.

In the midst of this is trans dancer Naomi Beneviere. Naomi is concerned about her safety after three other dancers wound up dead at the hands of the serial killer. To make matters worse, she dreams of their murders and possible details about the suspect.

Crime Scene Investigator Waylon Mooney is the top CSI on the case which has been plaguing the city. Waylon is meticulous and a hopeless romantic, but his social skills are a little off. After a series of dates with Naomi and many sleepless nights, Waylon is ready to take the next step in their relationship, but the killer on the loose may hamper their progress.

Will Waylon be able to assist in finding the killer? And will Naomi Beneviere finally have the chance at a true relationship with Waylon?

See No Evil concludes the N’awlins Exotica series. All books must be read in order.

If you haven't read books 1-5, follow this link on Amazon

Excerpt

“Naomi, I think you’re worrying too much. You know Waylon cares about you.” Kajika patted her hand.
Naomi nodded and leaned back on the couch cushions. She was so glad Kajika was back in town because she needed her best friend by her side to talk over things. “I know. I’m ready for us to be closer, ya’ know. Kind of like how you felt when you and Frankie got together.”
“Yeah. We waited and now we’re getting married in a couple of months. Don’t you think Waylon might have bigger plans on the horizon?”
Naomi dabbed her eyelids and sniffed. She hadn’t been out the house all day because she was so damn upset. Good thing she was off work today because she didn’t think she could’ve made it in.
“He might. Then I started thinking about what Sage said.”
“About what?” Kajika asked.
“About me being trans. What if he’s having second thoughts about being with me? I mean, yeah, we’ve kissed, groped …”
“He knows you got a dick, don’t he?”
“Yes.”
“So why all of a sudden would it bother him? And besides, Waylon is a pretty standup guy from what I know. I’m sure if he had an issue with it, he woulda told ya.”
Naomi looked up at Kajika. “Ya think so?”
Kajika bowed his head. “Yep. Naomi, you shouldn’t use sex as a reason why he wouldn’t have sex with you, okay? I made the mistake and almost gave up on the perfect man ‘cause of some stupid misunderstanding. Sure I love it. Frankie and I have the best times when we do it, but it ain’t what defines our relationship. Sometimes kissin’ and cuddlin’ in front of the television is all I need. Waking up next to him, knowing he’s my man and no one elses. I mean, it’s the little things, babe. Waylon is the goods. Give the man a chance.”

Naomi knew Kajika was right. She just couldn’t help her insecurities.

BIO:


Romance and erotica author Sharita Lira believes that love conquers all. Writing sexy stories of people who might be complete opposites, but somehow make a lasting connection that often leads to a happily ever after.

Happily married and a mother of two, Sharita never allows complex plots to deter her from writing the story. Inspired by heavy music, attractive people she’s seen in person and on the internet, Sharita always has a tale on her brain.

In addition to being a computer geek and a metalhead, Sharita loves live music, reading, and spending time with family and friends. She’s also a founding member and contributor to the heavy metal ezine FourteenG.

For more information, please visit http://www.thelitriad.com and if you’re a fan who would like exclusive updates on her writings and chances to win prizes, sign up for thenewsletter!



4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I love New Orleans. One of my fave places. Have fun. Great excerpt! :)

jean hart stewart said...

Loved your excerpt... Best of luck with this book...

S.Lira said...

@Tina,

Thank you! I love it too. I didn't want to come home!

S.Lira said...

@Jean

Thanks so much as always for your comments. I loved writing it!