Home

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Still waiting...

Yup, folks, I'm still waiting for word on my re-release of Secret Love.  So no news to report at all.  And I'm still working 2 evil day jobs, so no time to read, let alone write.  I'm torn between being glad that I'm subbing every single day, and hoping for a day off...but then I'll feel guilty that I'm not making any money that day.

"But how about the money that your books bring in?" you ask. Ah, you naive, deluded sweetie.  When you don't promote, there are no sales.  And with no new books to brag about, there's very little to promote.  Of course, the older books are new for someone...but when you work over half of the day, and still need to sleep, there's very little you can do about it.

I still get tingles remembering when Harley said on her review site that one of my books was the "best book of the year."  (For The Love of His Life.) Sigh.  Oh, how I long for those days...but then, I was working so little that we had trouble paying the bills.  Damn money!  I really hate it!

Enough of being Debbie Downer.  Sorry.  And for some light viewing, anyone who has not seen Idiocracy should really rent it. It's supposed to be a comedy, but considering the events of last week, I fear it's a blueprint for the future.  Brawndo, anyone?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy

Hope I have some news to share next month.  Until then, Happy Turkey day next week!  Hope you have family, whether actual relatives, or those you have chosen as loved ones, to surround yourself with next week.  May you enjoy camaraderie and good times.  But please remember, NO talking politics over the holiday table! My family plans to have everyone sign a promissory note to that effect on the way into the gathering.  Just to be sure.

Love to all!
Fiona
www.fionamcgier.com

3 comments:

Harlie Williams said...

@fiona

It's still in my top 10 of all time. I just love Raul. Flawed, sexy and swoon-worthy!

I hate money, too. Why do we have to have it? LOL!

Marika/Harlie

jean hart stewart said...

lots of luck with ALL your issues...

Tina Donahue said...

Hope your re-release comes soon, Fiona! :)