Today is Sunday, November 6th. Two days before we elect a new President of the United States. I will not share with you, my views, nor will tell you who I voted for. I will, however, remind you to vote. It is our basic right, as a US citizen to vote. A lot of countries don't have that freedom. Just remember that when you decided to/or not to vote.
1. I'm a reader first. I subscribe to a lot of author newsletters. Please, I beg you, when you send out a newsletter talk about yourself first. Don't promo another author before yourself. I have unsubscribed from author newsletters because it's nothing but the promo for another author.
2. On the same subject...please don't send me an update every day. Time is precious.
3. Why are some authors requiring you to pre-order a book, email them the receipt just so you can enter a contest? Yep, I stopped following them. I have a book budget just like most people. Just no.
4. Ever been around someone that all you do is eye roll on everything they say or do? Yep, dealt with that on Saturday. Name dropping doesn't impress me. It only makes that person look Unimportant. I grew up in Dallas. I was around a lot of important and famous people. I worked for companies where famous people were around all the time. Yes, I had lunch with them. Got to know them. Met their families. Do I talk about them? No. To me, they are just people that put their pants on one leg at a time...just like me.
5. Did I mention that our son is going to Disney World the week before Christmas? My SIL's family is taking him. Jealous!
6. Still working tons at the school. I did, however, stopped working with the kinders. They physically wear me out.
7. I'm thinking about writing again. I would love to co-author with someone.
8. Referring to #1, make sure when you do send out a newsletter that you say something personal about yourself. Readers want to get to know the author that they like.
That's all for this edition of Harlie's time on the blog. Hopefully, after Tuesday, we can all be friends again. For me, I've just ignored it but I have unfollowed people on FB.