Home

Saturday, September 24, 2016

She's addictive, but what if he kissed her just once? @kayelleallen #scifi #romance

At the Mercy of Her Pleasure features a half-human hero who's younger than his genetically enhanced human heroine. She's addictive... but what if he kissed her just once?

Excerpt

In this scene from the beginning of At the Mercy of Her Pleasure, Senth discovers that his Sen'dai (trainer/master) has a plan involving a risky job.
Characters
Senth/Senthys: young half-human/half-feline Kin, already a master thief at age 18
Khyff/Khyffen: Senth's older brother (20), a pleasure slave who is bound to a cruel master
Luc Saint-Cyr: Senth's adoptive father and Sen'dai in the Thieves' Guild

Saint-Cyr steepled his fingers. "Since Senthys told me about your situation, Khyffen, I've been matching what you earn on the street and putting it into your freedom savings account."
"That's generous of you, sir, but why would you do that?"
"I know you're in a bad spot. I'm doing everything I can to help you."
"What do you expect in return?"
"The better question is, what does your brother expect?"
Khyff narrowed his eyes, sending a questioning look Senth's way.
Resisting the urge to shrug, Senth waited for Saint-Cyr to jump in. It didn't take him long.
"I want Senthys for a job. If he's successful, he could buy his freedom. Since I won't part with your brother, I hit on this solution. What do you say?"
"So you're using me to get my brother to do something dangerous."
A slow smile eased across Saint-Cyr's face. "Well put. If you want assurances that he'll be safe, I can't give them. Nevertheless, there are certain guarantees. It is a union job after all, and they require a 'safety net' in the contract terms. The job will bring in a tidy sum, and I'll owe him more than what the union dictates. Yes, it holds risk, but I know my son. He can handle it."
That might not sound like much in the way of praise, but coming from Saint-Cyr? Senth rocked on the balls of his feet.
His Sen'dai motioned to Khyff. "Senth will be paid, as usual, but the job is important enough to warrant sweetening the deal. I think helping your brother help you should make us even."
Khyff looked from Saint-Cyr to Senth and back again. "Thank you, sir. I appreciate your offer, but I'd prefer you freed my brother. I'll be able to--"
"Son." Saint-Cyr tapped his steepled fingertips together. "You were not listening. I'm going to repeat this once. I'm not ready to free him yet. I need him for this job. You're being offered your freedom. That offer is contingent upon your brother succeeding. I suggest you accept."
Senth winked. "Do it, Bro. Get out of there."
After a glance between Saint-Cyr and Senth, Khyff nodded. "Thank you, sir."
"All right, Khyffen. If you'll excuse us, your brother and I have work to do. He'll be off-planet for a few days, so say your good-byes. Walk him to the club, Senthys, and then meet me back here."
"Yes, Sen'dai." Senth accompanied Khyff back downstairs to the entry point for the club.
"Look, Sen. I'd still rather he freed you."
"Take the offer, Bro." Senth set a hand on the railing. "I've got two years and I'm free. The Man and I-- we have our issues, but he is my father. He's taken care of me since I was three. It's okay. I trust him."
Khyff's narrowed his blue eyes at Senth like a weapon. "You're sure."
"Positive. Look, since you and I found each other, I've bargained everything short of my soul to buy your contract and free you. They treat animals better than your master treats you. Let me help you."
Khyff rubbed the back of his neck. "If I do this, promise me you'll be careful. The job is dangerous or he wouldn't be bargaining for it. You gotta know that, right?"
"You think you can shirk my cozy without a drip? Man, Bro, yo' cover is for gloom." Senth stuck up a thumb. "I got you happy."
Khyff frowned. "Uh..."
Senth sighed. "You gotta learn street talk if you're gonna make it on Kelthia, Bro. I said you can't get rid of me that easy. No one watches your back better than I do."
Khyff grinned, shaking his head. "Go to work." He turned and shouldered his way into the crowded club.

At the Mercy of Her Pleasure (Antonello Brothers 1: a Scifi Romance)
Hired to steal back a prototype taken by the imperial armada, Senth Antonello retrieves it, but his brother is kidnapped to force Senth to surrender the device.
Now he has to rescue his brother, outsmart the armada, and keep the item out of imperial hands. All doable, except for one small problem. He must do it in the company of NarrAy Jorlan, a genetically altered woman whose pheromones could enhance the mission or crumble it into dust with a single siren kiss.
He's a thief. She's a soldier. Do opposites attract? Oh, mercy!
Free on Kindle Unlimited
Amazon http://amzn.to/1f7FQ2h
CreateSpace (Print) http://bit.ly/bro-mercy-csp
---
Kayelle Allen is a best selling American author. Her unstoppable heroes and heroines include contemporary every day folk, role-playing immortal gamers, futuristic covert agents, and warriors who purr.
Homeworld/Blog https://kayelleallen.com
Romance Lives Forever Reader Group https://kayelleallen.com/bro

4 comments:

Kayelle Allen said...

thanks for having me today!

Tina Donahue said...

Welcome. Great story idea, Kayelle. :)

Kayelle Allen said...

Thank you. :)

jean hart stewart said...

Great excerpt. Your story sounds original and exciting....