Home

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

My #TBR List and What I #amreading when I'm not #amwriting

The hardest part of being on a deadline is not being able to just devour every book that hits my Kindle. In fact, most of the time, I save them like these delicious sweet treats to serve as my carrots. You know, if I hit word count for a day, I get to read. Other times, I keep them to the side and use them for when I ride on my stationary bike. Again, it's a carrot--ride the bike and get to read. Not a bad plan, though I do miss the days when I could curl up in a chair and just read morning, noon, and night.

In the meanwhile, I have two books practically crying at me to read them, but they are my prizes when I finish the novella on my screen. Fingers crossed, I will be diving into these fantastic new reads tonight!

Grab your copy here!

Love Eve Langlais, and I will be sharing an excerpt from this in my #authorsreadingauthors on my Facebook author page and YouTube channel today or tomorrow! So don't miss it!

A new series from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Eve Langlais.

When urban fantasy meets outer space you get a galactic adventure with a sassy ship and aliens.

Earth: a space pirate's dream when it comes to booty, but not a good place to hide when bounty hunters come looking. Pulling up stakes means Rafe must leave his vintage trailer behind, but in the process, he acquires a passenger, a mouthy female who seems to think she's calling the shots. She'll soon learn who's the captain.

And it isn't Annabelle, his bossy ship.

Travel the galaxy with this gypsy pirate as he looks for treasure--and finds trouble instead. The universe might be out to get him, but he's not giving in without a fight.

Grab your copy here here!

I read the first book in this trilogy and ADORED it and I am dying to read book 2! 

There were rules for dating dragons. The most important of all? Don’t get burned.
Instead of the Jezibaba, in the last eight years she’s become the Jeziblahblah. Dating her sexy academic dragon should have keep her mentally sharp, not caused her to drop all caution just because he looked good naked. She was getting soft. There was no doubt about it. When a young troublemaking dragon named Thane starts causing problems for Carol and HIldy, she’s the only one concerned.

She wasn’t the mothering type—no argument—but she was still their protector. Her instincts were flashing warning signs about the young dragon and she was not going to ignore them no matter how innocent Damien believed he was. She no longer had the luxury of pretending she’d found a perfect love. Instead it was time to face reality. She’d dated a hot dragon and gotten burned for giving him her heart.

With Thane still free to cause trouble, and Damien still not believing he was, her loyalty the disloyal dragon might end up being the worst mistake she’s ever made in her life.

In the meanwhile, don't miss my next release on September 1 as we return to the world of the Boomers with Deadly Genesis! And before I forget, you can also grab a copy of Earth Witches Aren't Easy for free! Happy autumn is almost here!

Read the first two chapters right now!

1 comment:

Tina Donahue said...

Thanks for these reading suggestions, Heather. Both sound wonderful. Gonna check them out.