My life has been crazy busy lately. The evil day job has been insane, and everything at home has been hectic and overwhelming. It will only be for short time (hopefully), but I thought it might be a good time to go over a few tips for dealing with stress. Here are ten tips to deal with everything stressful.
1. Breath. Cliché, I know, but it really does help.
2. Get organized. Often some of the stress around any major event (move, wedding, promotion, whatever) comes from feeling out of control. Sitting down, making a list, getting organized on what exactly needs to be done can make you feel more in control and empowered.
3. Use the stress to your benefit. Stress is your bodies way of preparing you for battle, use that energy to get done what you need to do.
4. Prioritize. Figure out what absolutely needs to be done and what can wait, focus on the necessities and deal with the rest when you can.
5. Nurture yourself. It might sound counter intuitive, but during stressful times that is when you need to take care of yourself even more. Stress is depleting, if you don't refill the well, you can cause even further damage, to your mental state and even your body.
6. Talk it out. Talking to a friend or loved one can take some of the pressure off your shoulders. But be careful to tell them what you need from the conversation. To vent, to have your feelings validated or get a second opinion. Personally, nothing irritates me more then when someone tries to fix my problems and all I want is a sympathetic ear.
7. Sleep. It maybe hard to do, but the more you do the easier it will be to deal with everything that comes up.
8. Exercise. Its a natural stress reliever, even though it's usually the last thing I want to do when I'm in that mind frame. If nothing else, it help burn off a lot of that nervous anxious energy in a more productive way.
9. Ask for help. More than likely the people around you would love to help you, they just don't know how. If you share with them what you need, more than likely they will jump at the chance to lend you a hand.
10. And if all else fails just lean into it. Take your seat on the roller coaster and do your best to enjoy the ride.
I hope these tips helped you. If you have any other types for how to handle stress feel free to leave them in the comments before. I can definitely use them.