Home

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Harlie's Writing Plans...and boredom for summer!

Summer is here which means that I have a bored kid at home.  Trips to the library are in order.  He signed up for the summer reading program.  Also, baseball camp next week and our family vacation in July.  What's worse is that I'm bored, too.

I worked almost every day during the school year so my mind is still in "work" mode.  That's not a good thing.  Plus, I got sick the last week of school and 10 days later, I'm STILL sick.  I realize that it's just allergies but my nose can't take anymore.  It hurts so much from the tissues.  Ugh!  A trip to the doctor might be in order.

On the writing front, Harlequin rejected my story.  I'm not surprised but it still stung.  However, The Wild Rose Press wants to see my first 50 pages by next week.  I'm excited and terrified at the same time.  I also submitted something to another publisher and I'm waiting to hear back on that.

Overall, I'm in a good place with my writing.  Shoot, I even found notes/outlines and the start of a book that I thought would be the next bestseller for Harlequin Blaze.  I started over 6 years ago and it is completely laughable.  Later this summer, I might look at it again.  After I stop laughing.

Have a great start to the summer!


3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Congrats on your good news from Wild Rose Press. :)

Fiona McGier said...

I'm tutoring a whole lot more than last summer, which is good, money-wise, but not so good for my writing. If I keep writing in the series' I have at my publishers, I have to submit to them, and that's not necessarily the best at this moment. But to write stand-alone books, I need some time...which I was hoping to have for the summer!

So I guess we can't win, eh? You're bored and poor, and I'm making okay money, but stressed with little time for my books business. Where's the happy medium?

Harlie Williams said...

@Fiona, I hear you. Trust me, I do. I get one more huge paycheck at the end of June and then nothing until September at the earliest. At least this year, we saved. :)

I love working but no one seems to get that.

With my uncle dying, I have an extension until July 10th. Woo Hoo!

@Tina, thanks. It is a ghost story with romantic and suspense elements. Not straight romance but does have a great suspense element in it. The editor loved the ending. ;)