Home

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Stuff You Didn't Know!!!

Can't resist showing off this sexy cover. Guilty Secrets is doing very well, with four of the best reviews I've ever received already posted on Amazon. Since I love this book myself I'm delighted.

But today I'll give you some crazy stuff to think about. I posted this on another blog and it got a good response, so I'll give these another outing.

Stuff you didn't know...

1. What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers have in common?  A. All were invented by women.

2. The state with the highest percentage of people who walk to work:  Alaska.

3. The percentage of Africa that is wilderness? 28%

4.The percentage of North America that is wilderness?  38%

5. The cost of raising a medium sized dog to the age of eleven?  $16,400

6. The average number of people airborne over the U.S. in any given hour?  61,000.

7. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

8. The first novel written on a typewriter?  Tom Sawyer

9. The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.

10. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:
Spades....King David
Hearts....Charlemagne
Clubs.....Alexander the Great
Diamonds.....Julius Caesar

I love collecting unusual facts. Of all these, I think the explanations for the kings in each deck intrigued me the most. I never thought of them as meaning anything!

I'd love to know your favorite.....Please comment and tell me..... or leave a comment on my website, www.jeanhartstewart.com

Love you all...Jean

3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I love these posts, Jean. Who would have thought a dog could be so expensive?

Fiona McGier said...

While some folks will see the fact that we have more wilderness here as proof that we need to let the logging and oil companies "have their way" to raping Mother Nature, I prefer to think of it as a sacred trust that we all need to ensure is saved for the future generations! We all need wild areas to de-stress in, even if we never take advantage of them. We all should!

I think I like the cards one best also. Who knew that those facecards meant anything? I wonder if the queens also represent anyone historical? Cleopatra, maybe, and Elizabeth, or Victoria? Hmmm...

jean hart stewart said...

Thanks ladies...Now I've just got to Google face cards and find out about the queens. Hadn't even thought of that. I love crazy stuff like this...