Home

Sunday, February 7, 2016

I'm sick...from Harlie

Forgive me but I've been sick the past 10 days.  Started in my chest, then the head and just when I thought I had a handle on it...BAM!  It's just allergies but I swear allergies are worse than the flu.  You fight every day to NOT get sick and you are exhausted at the end of the day.

Plus, I've been working all week and I'll be working the next two weeks, too.  I love working but I would like to not use an entire Kleenex box a day at school.  Or feel like a lung is coming out of the chest.  Good news, I'm sleeping all night long.

On the blogging front, effective March 1st Harlie's Books will no longer be doing reviews for tour companies.  I will, however, still read and review.  The reviews will be posted on Amazon instead.  I feel like this is a better use of my time and effort.  Baseball season has officially started so I'll be at ball fields and working a lot so something had to give.

Oh and I'm judging for RWA chapters, too.  I do this every year and I love it.

That's the Harlie update and I'm sorry it's not that important.  Sickness has overtaken me...


5 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Hope you feel better soon. :)

jean hart stewart said...

So sorry....I've outgrown most of my allergies but know they can be miserable.

Harlie Williams said...

In East Texas, we had a mild winter so nothing died. Plus, its been windy here. Good thing, it will start warming up soon. That will help me, actually.

@Tina
@Jean

Fiona McGier said...

So sorry that you're feeling so bad! You give so much to other people, that when you're sick, others need to step up and return the favor.

Glad to hear, however, that you're working a lot. Nothing beats spending time doing something you enjoy...like being with kids. I just wish the little kiddles that I'm tutoring weren't so quick to sneeze in my direction! At least the high schoolers sneeze into their elbows. The little ones "achoo!" right at me, and don't even say they're sorry, as I'm trying not to breathe. Hard to talk when you're not allowing yourself to inhale.

Harlie Williams said...

@fiona

I'm busy, busy, busy. I love it but today I'm exhausted. Good thing we are off tomorrow, Friday and Monday. I need the rest. LOL!

Marika/Harlie