Home

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Audio Books at Audible.com

Okay, as a writer we strive to bring you books that you will love throughout our writing career.
There are print books, mine are at Createspace.com, there are ebooks, mine are at Smashwords.com, B&N, Kobo Books, ITUNES. And now....we have audio books to entertain.

My experience with ACX has been absolutely more fun than I ever imagined. Years ago, I attempted the audio books, but I didn't know what I was doing and it was not a successful operation. Not there is ACX at Amazon that makes it not only easy, but fun. 

I have found some of the greatest narrators in the world, I think, to mention a few, K.C. Kelly (narrators Tanker the Defender (wait until you hear Pug.)) There is Joel Dwayne Hair (narrator for The Gimmick) I have several more for you so check them out.

I'm putting all my children's books up on Audible.com, and short stories. They are all stories that your kids will love. Most will have a moral or principle to them that you will enjoy. 

Finding just the right voices is important, and there are some really good ones there.

My longer short stories are coming out too on Audible.com. Halloween Witness is in the making now, The Far Side of Lonesome is coming soon. My Western Serial Killer Series is coming to life 
too. So watch for Better Off Without Her, Good Day for a Hanging, Bad Day for a Killing. These books are still in the process, and will be available before too long, so look for them soon. No coupons available yet for these.

If you e-mail me at ritahestand@gmail.com, I'll send you a coupon to get a free listen to either Tanker the Defender, or The Gimmick, limited to first six. A short review would be appreciated on Audible.com, but is not mandatory. 

I hope all authors will check into this. It isn't as scary as it sounds and it isn't like it used to be a long time ago. Just follow the directions.

I'm new and still learning, but for kid stories this is the way to go, you can listen while you take the kids to school. Turn it on while your kids go to sleep, Let them listen after they get their homework. Most of my children's stories are pretty short, but they certainly come to life.

The Willy Series will be produced by Anna Caudle and Willy and the farm animals come to life through her exciting voice. They aren't out yet, but look for them soon.





 

4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

That is so cool, Rita. Congrats. Love the cover for Better Off Without Her. Would make a great movie poster. :)

Redameter said...

Thanks Tina, that cover came from Rockingbookcovers.com I just discovered them and for horror, mystery, thrillers, or even paranormal these covers are really fantastic. So check them out if you have any you think might work for the genres.

I'm enjoying Audible.com and ACX, it is easy and for children's books this is definitely the way to go, because the voices help bring the characters to life. You can even find your own narrators to produce them. You can do a royalty share or pay them outright. Whichever you choose. It's just another avenue to think about. I know fifteen years ago I tried to go audio, but the resources were limited and the distribution wasn't as good, so it didn't pay to invest time in it.

ACX has it down to a science so it makes it easy for you to try.
If you have any novella's, or short stories give it a try. They also do full length novels, and Better Off Without Her is going to be produced by audio. This is a thriller, horror, serial killer book set in the old west. It is a very gritty story and only true fans of the genre will love it.

But if you write, check ACX out now, you'll be glad you did.
Blessings to all

jean hart stewart said...

Lots of interesting info....thanks...

Redameter said...

Hope you will all try it out, it has it's merits. I've already gotten sales on some of them and I'm doing all my children's stuff on here and trying out some of my larger works too. As writers we have to be open to a lot of different things and new ways of getting our work seen and heard. But this is really delightful for children'stuff. I'm so proud of them, and I have decided to go only audio with my kid stuff. Because the ebooks don't sell as well in children's yet. I think most of us need a professional to do the artwork for illustrated books and it's simply too high for so many pictures, so I think to save money, which I must do in our economy now days, I'm going all audio for children's books. My romances will remain in ebook, print through Createspace and maybe a few in audio. Ask No Tomorrows is going audio and will soon be up. Also Halloween Witness is already up for sale at Audible.com. To test it out, go listen to some of my audio books on Audible and you can see where short stories and novella's are really good for this
kind of thing. It will give you a feel of what is possible with your own books.

Readers I hope you will check out Audible.com and see what it offers. Remember you can let your young ones listen to the stories on the way to
school, or after they come home and do their homework. Kids love entertainment and this is a good way to get them interested in books of all kinds. PLease check it out at Audible.com. And by the way I'm just telling
you guys about it, because I really do think it is a great way to get people interested in books of all kinds. Self-help books, children's books and stories. Now readers pay attention to the time spans as some are very short but these are for kids and the ebooks have illustrations.

If you don't have time to sit and read a book, then try the audio as you can listen while driving to and from work.

God bless and Have a wonderful Valentine's Day