Home

Monday, January 18, 2016

Scary Stuff & FREE BOOKS

Are you a chicken or will you do something that scares the bejebus out of you? I suppose that kinda goes with horror movies too (which I like by the way, even if I nearly die when I watch them) My family likes to *make* me watch scary movies because I usually end up clinging to the ceiling like that cartoon cat.

I do believe you should do something outside your comfort zone. Even stuff that will scare you. It makes you feel ALIVE.

Over Christmas Meat Man and I went away. Our kids, I have two boys 24 & 27 and he has identical twin daughters almost 27, were busy. So we decided to jet and found ourselves in Costa Rica. It was fabulous. Hot and hot. The sand was too hot to walk on and you needed to wear flip flops. Even the decking around the pool and bars could fry an egg. We swam constantly, the beach and sea in the morning and the pool bar in the afternoon.

CR beach water
But a highlight was going to the Miravalles Volcano. We went to a waterfall that was spectacular and to get there we had to hike through the rain forest, over rickety little bridges until we came to the OMG bridge. Sadly, I can't upload the video as proof that I did something  r e a l l y  s c a r y. But here is a pic of the suspension bridge.

suspension bridge
But the hike and scary bridge was so worth it.
IMG_4387
After we walked through the volcano crater. It had fumaroles, bubbling steam vents and mud, and the best part was going in the mud baths. My skin has never felt so soft and flawless!
mud me
Once the mud dried it was a cold shower under one of these three outdoor showers, then a sauna heated by the geothermal steam, and three natural hot springs of varying temperatures. A fabulous adventure! But we did smell like sulphur for a couple days :)
IMG_4430
Costa Rica is lovely. Their people so kind and helpful. The location terribly romantic. And why I love to write stories set in the tropics. Not everyone can travel there in person, so I like to take you there in a story. Perhaps I'll set a story in Costa Rica one day :)
For now, we can visit Hawaii in More Than A Fling (A Taste of Paradise). It's been out a little over a month now and I have to say thank you to all the readers that had it in the top 10 on Amazon Blaze! So great for a debut book. In case you missed it, here's the cover.
Blaze cover
Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year. Hello 2016!

Links

Would love for you to sign up for my newsletter HERE

******Cross posted from Harlequin Blaze Blog Find editor Kathleen Scheibling's January blog and comment on it for a chance to win FREE BOOKS ******

3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Wow, looks like a great vacation! :)

jean hart stewart said...

Sounds like the perfect vacation...and congratulations on your new book..

Lisa Carlisle said...

Looks wonderful. My son is going to Costa Rica this spring and I wish I could chaperone!