Home

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Ultimate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust

The holidays can be a bit.. shall we say.. stressful? Rather than plying you with more promo, I thought I'd give a little something back. Since I can't very well mail you guys a cheesecake, I'm going to do the next best thing. I'll share my super yummy Ultimate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust.



1-1/4 cups worth of Oreos, crumbed
1/4 cup butter, melted
5 pkg. (250 g each) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1 can (19 oz) cherry pie filling


1 - Preheat oven to 325°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan).
2 - Mix oreo crumbs and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 min.
3 - Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
4 - Add sour cream; mix well.
5 - Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
6 - Bake 1 hour 10 min. or until centre is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
7 - Refrigerate at least 4 hours, Overnight is best.
8 - Top with pie filling before serving.


No matter what holidays you celebrate, if you choose to celebrate at all, I want to wish you a happy, safe, and fantastic December. I'll see you kids in 2016! ;)

XOXOX,
Michelle

3 comments:

jean hart stewart said...

Wow, does that look good! And easy...Thanks and a happy holiday season to you.

Fiona McGier said...

I love sharing recipes, especially for desserts. My daughter is the cheesecake baker in our house...I'll have to share this with her.

On my website, I have a "pies" page, with the recipe for my "never-fail" pie crust, as well as the innards for a few pies, including pumpkin, sour cherry (family favorite) and chocolate pudding pie. Hope you enjoy them.

I'm thinking I might do a cookies page also, since I have about 6-8 recipes that my family can't do without for the holidays. I've been gifting these cookies around for years, and everyone likes them. Why not share the recipes so more people can enjoy them? I'll do that if I get a moment to spare...maybe this weekend...when I've got some cookies in the oven, baking.

Tina Donahue said...

OMG, I'm in love.