Home

Thursday, December 24, 2015

What's Your Favorite Christmas Song? @kayelleallen #HolidayReads #tistheseason

What's that one song, when you first hear it on the radio or in the stores, that lets you know it's almost Christmas? You know, that one that just hearing it makes you stop and go "Ah... Christmas." For me, there are two. 

Carol of the Bells

First up is Carol of the Bells. I love the sound of it, and the way the voices all harmonize and complement one another. They way they mimic the bells themselves as the voices sing the pure notes. If you haven't heard it, here's a short video that will give you the lyrics. It's such a fast song that without seeing the words, it's hard to catch what they are singing. This song is beautiful whether you hear it as a song with lyrics or just with the notes, as with a handbell choir.


O Holy Night (Johnny Hall)

My other favorite song -- the one which always makes me cry when I hear it, is O Holy Night. My favorite performer for this song is Johnny Hall. I first heard him many years ago at a local church service in the small town of Woodstock GA. He's a music evangelist -- meaning he travels to churches for performances, often sharing his testimony as a believer. This man has one of the clearest, purest tenor voices you will ever hear. He is backed in this video by that same church orchestra, which itself is the size of some churches. It's a very large facility.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season, however you celebrate it.

What is your favorite Christmas song or carol? Share it in the comments. 
---
Kayelle Allen, author of A Romance for Christmas
Sweet contemporary feel-good holiday romance
Amazon http://amzn.to/1wpW8qE ~ Smashwords http://bit.ly/christmas-smw

4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I love Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You - just love it!

Kayelle Allen said...

Oh I do too. That's beautiful. And for some reason, Santa Baby rocks my world too. LOL I don't care who sings it -- it always makes me sing along.

Merry Christmas!

Mindy said...

David Bowie & Bing Crosby's Duet of The Little Drummer Boy & Peace on Earth.
Merry Christmas :)

Tina Donahue said...

I love Santa Baby too, Kayelle :)