Home

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Dickens Christmas 2015 by Maeve Alpin

HG Wells Time Machine in Steampunk Square

It's that time of the year for my favorite Christmas event in the Houston area, 
Dickens on the Strand. A place where the ghost of Christmas present  and the 
ghost of Christmas past get together. And the Strand on Galveston Texas 
transforms into the sights and sounds of a Victorian Christmas. Steampunk 
plays a big part and Steampunk square is always bustling with shoppers as it 
was this year.


There was a special event at Dickens this year, a couple 
renewed their wedding vows. 



And Here are more photos from Dickens on the Strand
with lines from A Christmas Carol.




on its head it wore no other covering than a holly wreath -“I am the Ghost of Christmas Present,” said the Spirit. “Look upon me!”
on its head it wore no other covering than a holly wreath -“I am the Ghost of Christmas Present,” said the Spirit. “Look upon me!”
It wore a tunic of the purest white;- “I am the Ghost of Christmas Past.”
It wore a tunic of the purest white;- “I am the Ghost of Christmas Past.”
the fiddler (an artful dog, mind! The sort who knew his business better than you or I!) struck up “Sir Roger de Coverley
the fiddler (an artful dog, mind! The sort who knew his business better than you or I!) struck up “Sir Roger de Coverley
No beggars implored him to bestow a trifle
No beggars implored him to bestow a trifle



Merry Christmas All Historical Romance Readers, all Steampunk Readers, and all Romance Readers... one and all. 

1 comment:

jean hart stewart said...

Wonderful pictures....thanks so much.