Home

Monday, November 16, 2015

Never Enough Hours in a Day!

Here I am, with a book being re-published on December 1, and I don't even have the time to promote it! 

The district I sub for has lost many subs, so I've been working every weekday.  I drive right from there to tutor after school until 7 at least 3 nights per week, and on Saturday until 1.  I have very little time to spend with my family, let alone, to go on-line to keep up with the publishing world. And the holidays are coming! Yikes!

But I am excited about the re-publishing of my first female spy novel: Secret Love.

Here's the new cover!




Sheena has spent 12 years saving the world, one assignment at a time.  She enjoys the work, but is getting bored.  She tries her usual cure; a new man.  But something about this one is different--she develops feelings.  And in her world, even having feelings is dangerous.  Indulging them by falling in love can be deadly...for both of them.

You can find out more about the book by going to my website, which I'll be updating to use the new cover.  This was a book I spent lots of money to advertise, including buying some ads.  But the whole book has been revised and re-edited, and if I must say so myself, it's a better book now.  I'll be running some contests, so stay tuned!  

 


7 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Awesome cover, Fiona. Congrats on the release.

I hear you about not having time to promo. Book publishing is getting more brutal with each passing year.

Harlie Williams said...

Congrats on the new release. :) Love, love the cover.

I wish I was working as much as you. For whatever reason, subbing has died down in my town. Teachers are in class more. ;)

Marika

Fiona McGier said...

Yeah, Tina, I know you have a full-time job, so you have to juggle your time as well. Congrats on winning your awards! You deserve them.

Marika, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it! I took the second job because I wasn't working enough. Now I'm never home and I'm exhausted! And I just found out what starting teachers make in my district, so the reality of making only 1/5 of what they start at is sure galling, while they get paid days off, and if I'm sick, I don't. C'est la vie, non?

Harlie Williams said...

I wouldn't complain. When you don't work for over 3 years, I'm itching to work again. I'm bored at home and we need the money. :)

Marika

p.s. I don't have my degree so I know that I make just the minimum and that's fine with me. Considering that I wasn't bringing anything into the house for the last 3 years.

Lisa Carlisle said...

I love spy stories!

Tina Donahue said...

Thanks, Fiona :)

Fiona McGier said...

Re: Lisa, I love spy stories also, but I get really tired of the exciting stuff always being done by the man, and the women are either decorations, rewards, or innocents needing to be rescued. I want the females to be the action stars! That's why I write about female spies and their exciting lives.

BTW, I LOVED Melissa McCarthy's movie "Spy" because it was everything I love in a spy movie, plus all of the main protagonists and villains were female. The men were just sort of "there," so it was a total role reversal. YAY!