Home

Monday, November 23, 2015

Doctor Who Day





November 23rd is Doctor Who Day. I write Sci-Fi romance and Steampunk Romance so naturally along with that, I am a bit of a nerd. I must confess, for whatever reason I'm not a die-hard Dr. Who enthusiast, however it does seem that the day should be honored.

I've included Dr.Who themed photos I've taken at local comic-cons.

As it's the holiday season with Thanksgiving this week, here is a Dr. Who Christmas themed video.



The closest romances I have to Dr. Who are my AI comedy Romances, Mind Date series:


A Woman of Intelectual Means

Her meets Humans meets a 1960's screwball romance
Em met the perfect man online, but he doesn't know she's artificial intelligence -- no body, just code.Em gets to know Jason through emails and Sim dating games. Jason makes her feel...so human. Is Em's superior intelligence enough to find a way to overcome the differences between flesh and code?
Em found the perfect man on the internet, but he doesn't know she's an artificial intelligence system -- no body, just code.

Code of Misconduct
Humans meets Her meets a 1960's Screwball Romance 
For a headless, bodiless, everything but mindless, woman, Betty gets around. She’s just an artificial intelligence system looking for a little fun by dating a hundred hot-blooded men online. The most eligible bachelor is Chet, a real live cowboy. He doesn’t know Betty is an artificial intelligence system. However, Chet has a secret of his own. Will his deep, dark secret save their relationship or doom it?


Happy Dr. Who Day!

5 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

That looks like so much fun. Brings to mind the events the guys go to in The Big Bang Theory. :)

Cornelia Amiri said...

Thank you Tina. The cons are a lot of fun and I get to do panels on writing and my books at Comicpalooza and several other local cons here in Houston.

jean hart stewart said...

You are unbelievably versatile...you write in so many genres and all of them are terrific!!! You're amazing!

Cornelia Amiri said...

Jean, you are so kind. Thank you so much. I really appreciate your kind words. You are amazing too.

Fiona McGier said...

Hello, HUGE Dr. Who nerd here! (Waves hand) We own almost all of the available episodes of all of the doctors (he's an alien who can regenerate...useful for when the character will be played by a new actor.) We went as a family, with son and wife driving 6 hours to be with us, to see the 50th anniversary special movie that made the Guinness Book of World Records as the most people internationally, simultaneously watching a movie. We wore costumes, like the Tom Baker scarf I crocheted for the husband years ago, a fedora, etc.

Husband and 2 of our sons have been to comic-cons. I'm usually working. But we are a family of sci-fi nerds. I truly believe that nerds are more interesting, because sci-fi looks at what is...then extrapolates to what could be. Good to stretch the brain like that.

Bummer that I can't watch the video, since it's not available in the US. I love Strack, the Sontauran. He's one of my favorite characters.