Home

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Be Thankful… and Give Generously


Living in a free country does not mean everyone in it is free


More and more people in this country are turned out of homes due to financial setbacks—job losses, medical bills, and other catastrophic events. If they are fortunate, they will have family and friends to help them get by until they are back on their feet. If they are not, there is little recourse for them but a life in the streets, or in a car, if they are have one. Not a satisfactory solution, especially not with the approach of the winter season.

People with money are more free than those without.



Being thankful


I'm thankful that I have a house, a warm bed, and food to fill my stomach. I'm also thankful that I can give to others who are not so fortunate. I think a big part of being thankful is being willing to help those in need.




Do you know anyone in need? Is there something you can do today to give them a bit of comfort and a few more choices in their lives?

Food banks and other charities are fine, but often the help you give goes to nameless faces. Are there any needy people with faces that you can provide with a bit of hope today?







1 comment:

Tina Donahue said...

Great post, Cecile. It saddens me how greedy Americans have become. I mean, after the first billion, what more could you want (or need)? Why not give back. End poverty, homelessness. How shameful that we have either in this country.