Home

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Happy Halloween from Harlie

Image result for halloween


So its the spookiest time of the year.  I love Halloween.  In Texas, it means that the temps aren't in the 90's, football is here and the days are shorter.  I don't like the spring ahead.  I like my days shorter.  Yes, I'm weird.  Summer in Texas is brutal and as I get older, I'm beginning to really hate it.  High electric bills, Brian gets bored when its too hot to play outside or even go swimming, plus, I'm not into sweating as I walk out the door.

Of course, Brian loves to dress up for Halloween.  He wants to be Marty McFly this year.  He is obsessed with the movies which is great but where in the wide world am I going to find the red puffer vest?  We have everything else.  *sigh*  He never makes it easy on me.  Oh and he's discovered the video "Thriller".  *bangs head*

I wish I could tell you that I'm already drinking my coffee with Pumpkin Spice creamer.  Sadly since I live in a small town its not here yet.  I have to be patient.  Plus, the nearest Stabucks is in Tyler and I don't see myself going to Tyler anytime soon.  I can tell you that I will be getting my Gingerbread creamer in November.  Its always here early.

And lastly, some how I have failed as a mother.  My son doesn't like ANY of the fall scents at all.  Where did I go wrong?

Until next month.  Have a great Halloween!



Image result for marty mcfly costume



7 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Have fun on Halloween - a great excuse to eat lots of chocolate. :)

Fiona McGier said...

Harlie, get the vest from either Lands End or L.L. Bean. Both known for down vests. Of course, they're both pricey. Or check out on-line for any kind of discount places that have kids' clothing. You might even be able to luck out and find one in a Goodwill, or other second-hand shop.

Down vests are sold a lot up here in the Midwest, but I can see why you might not need them in your hot state. But I often wear mine with a fleece jacket, instead of wearing a parka. I don't get cold easily, and usually that's enough for me. I also take mine when we go camping in fall/spring, when it might be chilly at night, especially away from the campfire...like when you're going to find the outhouse.

LOL about your son not liking any of the fall scents. Not even cinnamon, or cookie/pie scented? We used to tell people our oldest was "Stooge-impaired" because when he was about 5 or 6, his favorite Stooge was Shemp! Ew! Everyone knows the funniest one was Curly. But to each his own, eh?

Harlie Williams said...

@Fiona

He can't stand the smell of cinnamon, pumpkin, nothing. He loves the smell of chocolate so I did something right.

As for the vest...I don't want to spend a bunch of money, so its off to the second hand shops later. I used to own one (in gray) but finally got rid of it a couple of years ago. Who knew that he wanted to be Marty McFly. *head desk*

Oh and his favorite Stooge is Curly.

Harlie Williams said...

@Fiona

He can't stand the smell of cinnamon, pumpkin, nothing. He loves the smell of chocolate so I did something right.

As for the vest...I don't want to spend a bunch of money, so its off to the second hand shops later. I used to own one (in gray) but finally got rid of it a couple of years ago. Who knew that he wanted to be Marty McFly. *head desk*

Oh and his favorite Stooge is Curly.

Fiona McGier said...

His favorite is Curly? Then you've trained him well, Grasshopper!

Now you need to introduce him to the other "classics", like Laurel and Hardy, the Marx Brothers, "The Blues Brothers" (at least the first one), "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures" (both of them), and "Wayne's World" (both of them.) Then "Men in Black" (all of them.) Of course, for Halloween there's "Young Frankenstein" by Mel Brooks. Etc etc. It's so much fun to see old favorites through the eyes of someone seeing them for the first time! And nothing beats laughing together for some real quality family time.

Harlie Williams said...

He's 10 so the Blues Brothers is out right now but he will. Men in Black...he can recite lines. Bill & Ted and Wayne's World...classics that he needs to watch.

He loves Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon. Oh yes...The Odd Couple and Grumpy anything. He laughs out loud with those on the tv.

Oh and Adam Sandler. Grown Ups and Grown Ups 2 are some of his favorite movies.

His daddy can't wait for him to get older so they can watch Mel Brooks movies together.

We watch movies together all the time. He picks them and then we see if they are age appropriate.

We are teaching him well...sinsa!

Harlie Williams said...

He's 10 so the Blues Brothers is out right now but he will. Men in Black...he can recite lines. Bill & Ted and Wayne's World...classics that he needs to watch.

He loves Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon. Oh yes...The Odd Couple and Grumpy anything. He laughs out loud with those on the tv.

Oh and Adam Sandler. Grown Ups and Grown Ups 2 are some of his favorite movies.

His daddy can't wait for him to get older so they can watch Mel Brooks movies together.

We watch movies together all the time. He picks them and then we see if they are age appropriate.

We are teaching him well...sinsa!