Home

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween, Blessed Samhain, Marry All Hallow's Eve!

In the spirit of Halloween today, I am going to share some of my favorite scary stories and fun Halloween reads! I hope everyone gets lots of parent tax from their kids, and if there's no kids, go treat yourself! It's Halloween!


I was always one to read true haunted locations stories, and being here in Ohio there’s many of those floating around. In fact there are five Haunted Ohio books with over 500 stories of haunted places from around the state.





If you’re into true ghost stories, these will not disappoint.

If you’re looking for a touch of fantasy, these stories still give me chills and I first read them back in third grade. Not to mention the artwork which is enough to give people nightmares to this day.


Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark collects folklore and urban legends to chill readers to the bone and be certain you won’t sleep at night!  








They are written for kids, and yet even as an adult I still love them.


Want even more fiction?


I adore Charlaine Harris’s Southern Vampire series. They were the novels that inspired True Blood, and honestly were much better than the TV series.


I’ve heard the Anita Blake novels are fantastic as well, still have yet to read them, but you can’t go wrong with novels that have received such high praise.

What is YOUR favorite Halloween read?

3 comments:

jean hart stewart said...

Don't have a favorite, but love the holiday....

Fiona McGier said...

The Anita Black books were good until about the 15th one...then it seemed like she was out of ideas, but still writing. The paranormal elements got less importance than the erotica, and for me, that ruined it. If I want an "Anita fix", I'll reread the first 6 books...now that was a great run! Interesting monsters and demons, Anita's power kept on growing, and she had a vampire AND an alpha werewolf both chasing her. What more can a reader ask for??

As for movies, we watch "Young Frankenstein" every year. What's not to like? "Damn your eyes!" "Too late!" "He was my...boyfriend!"

BTW, my husband loves Halloween so much he pushes us all out of the way so he can hand out the candy. He loves to compliment the little ones (and even the older kids) on their costumes. It's so cute to watch him enjoy it so much.

Jordan Watson said...

Love that, Fiona!! My kiddos and I watched both parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with all the candy I bought them :) Hope your Halloween was a good one!