Home

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Halloween is Coming - a Perfect Time for a Ghost Story


I love this time of year. Pumpkin-flavored goodies are everywhere. The changing color of leaves are spectacular. And Halloween! Time to run to the attic to pull out the many boxes of decorations to spook up the house. Perhaps, I get a wee bit obsessive about it.

Nah, you can never have too many Halloween decorations.

Two more weeks of Halloween festivities are ahead. Although I usually host a big party, this year Halloween is on a Saturday and I'm going out to celebrate one of my favorite nights. Also, I'm eagerly awaiting the 13 nights on ABC Family. Addams Family, Beetlejuice, Hocus Pocus are all favorites. Plus, it's a great excuse to watch my favorite vampire movies and reread my favorite Edgar Allen Poe stories.

What are your favorite things about this time of year? Halloween?

In the spirit of Halloween, I had fun writing a short ghost story in my Bed, Breakfast, and Betrayal series. Here's the first one: Betrayed.


Betrayed

A Ghost Story

A short ghost story in the Bed, Breakfast, and Betrayal series by Lisa Carlisle.

Once thinking it was a curse, Sybil Channing now uses her gift to communicate with spirits as a lucrative way to make a living. She dubs herself a ghost whisperer and plays up her role as an eccentric woman who can talk to the dead. When she receives a call from a bed and breakfast with an issue with a ghost, Sybil thinks it will just be another easy, nice-paying gig. Sure, there’s a bit of a mystery about women becoming ill, but nothing to scare her off. Yet when she arrives, what she encounters is far more dangerous than she anticipated.

Only 99 cents to buy; Kindle Unlimited users read for free!
Amazon.com



3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I love stories like this, Lisa - can't wait to read. :)

jean hart stewart said...

Sounds really great.. lots of luck with this.....

Lisa Carlisle said...

Thank you!