Home

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Calculated Risk: A Character Interview with Stella Whitman

exclusiveStella
Today I thought I’d have a metaphorical sit down with Stella Whitman. She’s the heroine from my brand new release, Men For Hire – Calculated Risk. Most of my other interviews are done from the point of view of the character BEFORE the book. I thought I’d mix it up. This particular interview will take place the day after Stella meets Ian. Let’s see what her first impression is, shall we?
  1. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?
    My life is like a free day, basically. That’s the best part of being an artist. I can kind of make my own schedule and do what I need to do.
  2. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they’ve known you for a while?
    I think people think I’m probably a bit flighty. More than once I’ve heard.. you’re not at all one of those wishy-washy artsy types like I thought. In spite of the whimsical nature of my career, I’m pretty level headed.
  3. What’s your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that’ll happen in your life?
    Marriage? I’d settle for a date. God knows, it’s been ages. My poor contractor probably thinks I’m an undersexed spinster. I can’t help but stare at him. He showed up in this tight t-shirt yesterday. And the tool belt. There’s just something about it. 
  4. What are you most proud of about your life?
    Being able to make a career out of my art. I love the fact that I can manage to make a living doing something I love so much.
  5. What are you most ashamed of in your life?
    The condition I let my mom’s country home get into. Well, I guess it’s mine, now. I should have been out here, periodically checking. Instead I let the estate agent keep track of it. 
  6. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick?
    My mom. I miss her terribly. She was always there to call when I was having a good day.. or a bad day. She was one of the most patient people I ever met.
  7. Do you think you’ve turned out the way your parents expected?
    I never really knew my father, but I’d like to think that my mom wanted this life for me. It’s a good one. For the most part, I’m happy.
  8. What do you believe about God? What do you suppose God thinks of you?
    The jury is out on God. Not sure how I feel about him or her. Nor do I have any clue about how they feel about me.
  9. Is there anything you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t done? What would happen if you did it?
    I don’t really subscribe to the whole bucket list thing. If I want to do something, I go out and do it.
  10. What’s the worst thing that’s happened in your life? What did you learn from it?
    I grew up without a father. Kids picked and teased me a lot about it. That was a pretty crappy experience. I learned to be kind. It’s a lesson that some people skip.
  11. Tell me about your best friend.
    I’ve been friends with the same group of girls since I was a young girl. Sheena, Mary Beth, and Cora. They’ve been through thick and thin with me. Love those ladies.
  12. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done to someone? Why?
    I don’t really know what to say, here. I don’t think I’m a mean person, so anything would have been inadvertent.
  13. What would you like it to say on your tombstone?
    I’d prefer cremation. Spread my ashes somewhere dramatic like the White Cliffs of Dover.
  14. Describe your ideal mate.
    Funny, sexy, kind. Smart. Dark curly hair. Dark eyes. Shit. I just started describing my contractor.
  15. What are you most afraid of?
    Missing out on something. Life is so short.
  16. What’s the most important thing in your life? What do you value most?
    Freedom. I love being in charge of my life. I think I’d be miserable in a nine to five job.
  17. What do you like best about yourself? Least?
    I hate these questions. Next.
  18. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?
    Once everything with the house is settled, I’ll be happier. I need to start going out. I’ve been doing a bit of hiding out since all this stuff with my mom happened. It’s about time to start living again, though, I think.
  19. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it?
    Nothing that I can think of. 
  20. What trait do you most deplore in others?

    When people pretend to be something they’re not for someone else. That bugs me to NO end.

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1Km4JAE
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1Kl4ckF
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1LCzlhm
All Romance: http://bit.ly/1JeNO16
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1KVLjrW
Luminosity: http://bit.ly/1NBk05g
Nook: http://bit.ly/1O0VDiW


1 comment:

Tina Donahue said...

What a great idea, Michelle - enjoyed the interview. :)