Home

Friday, August 7, 2015

Taking a break and writing again


Its that time again.  School starts on August 24th and I couldn't be happier.  I'll be working again and Brian starts the 5th grade.  I know that some people tread the start of school but not me.  I've had a very different summer.  I babysat a friend of mine's kid and its been difficult.  He is the same age as Brian and they were even in the same classes and Cub Scouts together.  I thought it would be fun for Brian to have a friend at the house.

Boy was I EVER wrong.  All this kid wanted to do was to either be on his laptop or IPad.  He's not an outdoor kid, Brian would LIVE outside if I let him and don't even get me started on going swimming.  The kid never wanted to go.  Needless to say, Brian and I were caged in our own house during the time he was here.  I didn't have to babysit him for the whole month of July since he was at his dad's but June was difficult.  Thank goodness I only have the kid for 4 more days.  I thought Brian was going to hit him this week because the kid called our dog stupid.  Yes, stupid.  *bangs head*  Brian put an end to it...peacefully.

So enough of the whine...I'm taking a break from reviewing on Harlie's Books.  I'll still post and stuff but my reviewing days are over for the most part.  Don't worry if I review you now...I'm just not going to review new authors.  I won't have the time anymore.  But on a more positive note:  I'M WRITING AGAIN!  Yes, I'm very excited about this.  My rights to my one and only book are up in a month or two and its in the hands of an editor to see where and how I can expand it from a short story to a novella...at least.

I'm going to go the traditional route again on the book.  I don't have the money for indie publishing at this time.  I wish I did but I don't.  Of course now, I need to start the process on getting my rights back.  Is there a letter that you send?  Just an email stating you want your rights back?  This step trips me up a bit so any advice would be awesome.

Busy and somewhat weird summer.  As a family we had a blast on our two small vacations but I can't wait for the routine of school again.  Plus, since I live in Texas...cooler will eventually get here...around Halloween.  Can't wait.  :)


3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Good luck on your writing.

jean hart stewart said...

Ask for your rights back in a registered letter and make sure you keep a copy. This can be a messy process, but it can also be easy. Depends on the publisher. Good luck and wishes on this and your writing.

Harlie Williams said...

Thanks @Jean & @Tina

My publisher is Muse It Up and I've heard the process there is very easy.