Home

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Indie World & Hybrid

I'm in the indie world! It's something I wished I done years ago. Something I wish I hadn't been so afraid of. Sure there's a lot to take in and learn. But it definitely isn't has hard or as scary as I thought it would be.

So many people have been a great help along the way. I've found a great cover artist with Bookish Designs and use the Formatting Fairies that is run by the fabulous Marie Force (she is full of amazing information) to get my books ready for upload. I think one day I'll try the formatting myself, but for now I get comfort out of them doing it for me.

My first indie book, Passion Cowboy Style made it into the top 20 both on Amazon Canada and UK, in Western. I was absolutely thrilled! 

My 2nd book is now out, Hot Fusion, it's doing nicely on Amazon Canada and climbing on Kobo.
http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Fusion-Shana-Gray-ebook/dp/B012YAN9AQ/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

 All the books I'm self publishing were previously published, most were very well edited but a few need some serious work. While this is going on I'm still Dragoning my way with edits and new stories for Harlequin Blaze, Random House Loveswept and my agent.
With the help of fellow Loveswept author Sarah Robinson, we set up an author profile page on Facebook. The last time I tried to do it when still writing as Cristal I got put in FB jail because of the different name. This time all seems well. I'd love you to Like my page where I'll have news, giveaways and hopefully lots of fun stuff to come. Find the link here to Shana Gray, Author
 Also, I have a newsletter sign up on my website.

So I think I have to say, I'm Happily Hybrid :D

3 comments:

jean hart stewart said...

Very interesting,,I'm considering trying to self-pub, still trying to figure out if I have the nerve!

Shana Gray said...

All it takes is a step on that path to find out :D Good luck!

Tina Donahue said...

Congrats on this step! I've done a couple of indie box sets. Great experience. Haven't done it solo yet. But looking into it.