Home

Monday, May 18, 2015

Reinventing - It can work

It's a the first summer long weekend in Canada. Monday is called Victoria Day - where we celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday. I don't think of it from that angle much, just that it's a long weekend and a sign that summer is around the corner.

We're going away tomorrow and not back until Monday. We're heading to a place called White Oaks Resort, just outside of Niagara-on-the-Lake and Niagara Falls. Have you ever been to the Falls? We go a few times a year and were last there in the winter. This is the wintery Canadian Falls.
And this is an almost frozen American Falls.
I'm certainly not wanting to see this over the weekend! But, with being away, it also keeps me from writing. I've started a new book and was having a bit of trouble with the beginning. After shuffling a few paragraphs and let my heroine talk to me rather than me tell her what to do, we seemed to have it all worked out.

I also have a brand new, shiny website. There is a newsletter sign up on the Contact page. I hope you take a moment to visit. My newsletter will come out whenever there is some news, and it won't be long. Short and sweet. Cristal Ryder is slowly riding off into the sunset and Shana Gray is stepping in. So the blog from now on will be as Shana Gray. This name is made up from two very important people in my life. My sons :) So I'm reinventing myself and so far so good!

Please visit shanagray.com
Follow me on twitter @ShanaGray_
Facebook Shana Gray

I can also announce that I've sold a hot contemporary to Loveswept, Random House. Currently titled After The Hurt. Its expected release date is May 2016. The story is about an MMA hero, and his lady. About all I can tell you for now.

So, until next month! Have a great long weekend!

5 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Have fun on your trip! Congrats on your newest sale. :)

Lisa Carlisle said...

I'd like to visit Niagara Falls one day. Not when it's frozen, though. ;)

jean hart stewart said...

Didn't know there were two falls!!! Interesting...

Fiona McGier said...

We've been to the American side of the falls, but in July. Wonder if you can walk across it when it's frozen?

Wow...Random House? Big time! Good luck with continued success with your writing.

Shana Gray said...

Thanks, Tina! We did have fun on the trip.

Lisa, we tend to take Niagara Falls for granted living so close. It's quite something to see when it's frozen.

Jean, yes there are two Falls and separate by Goat Island which is on the American side.

Fiona, I wouldn't risk walking on it even if it's frozen! About 100 years ago I think, it froze and people were walking down on the frozen river. Then there was a huge boom as the ice broke upriver and it came like a flood - I'd have to check the facts for certain on this. And thank you! I'm very excited about these new writing ventures :)