Home

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Different Things

One thing that isn't so different... I really stink at blog post titles.

I don't really have a lot to talk about this month. Because of some physical and mental health issues over the past few months, I haven't been writing much. I have one novel under contract, which was accepted back in March and isn't a romance. It's suspense with romantic elements, and will be released in March 2016.

Other than that, I've had a couple of books released so far this year, but I don't have any romances in progress or under consideration right now. I've completed a young adult novel under my other pen name, which is currently under consideration, and have a YA novel releasing in July.

Mostly I've been giving my brain a rest. Sometimes when the story ideas don't come, it's best not to push. I am getting ready to start a new romance story this week, but so far I only have half the plot and the characters aren't really speaking to me yet. Hopefully by the time I do my June post, I'll have made some serious progress.

Aside from being gentle with myself, I've been working on some music with a close friend of mine. He's a guitarist; I'm doing bass guitar and vocals, and we're seeing where we can go with it. He's been playing for nearly 30 years and has been in several area bands, so he's planning for us to put a band together this summer and do some small live shows next year. I don't know how realistic that is, but we're working on it.

And that's about it. I hope everyone's having a good May, and I'll check in again next month.

2 comments:

jean hart stewart said...

Very interesting. Much success with whatever you do, girl. I'm sure you'll have it.

Tina Donahue said...

Agree with what Jean said - interesting, especially your music endeavor. Much luck, Karenna. :)