Home

Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Wait


My  mom used to say "all good things come to those who wait". While I've never forgotten that, I tend to not be a great *waiter*. I'll go after what I want and if I want it bad enough, keep at it until there is absolutely no more hope.

I've been writing since I was a kid and really went after it starting in 1999 when I joined RWA. It's been up and down over the years and finally published in 2010. Maybe after all the waiting it has finally come to me :) I'm thrilled to finally be able to say that Louise Fury of Bent Agency will represent me. As well, I've signed with Harlequin Blaze! My story, a very hot novella titled Anything For You, should be coming out this December or January. It will be paired with another bigger author -- very lucky me!! -- and I'm so excited. It's set in Hawaii after a very smexy flight from Sydney. The hero is South African to boot. Accent folks!

So the moral of this story is to never give up if you want it bad enough! Oh and next month this blog will be under my new author name Shana Gray.

And it's spring! Finally the skies are blue, the rain is fresh and things are greening up. And I've been waiting for one of my most favourite sounds -- when the spring peepers first start singing. Usually around the 18th of April give or take a few days. I heard them for the first time last night.

Imagine this big sound coming from theses little creatures. I love frogs :)


So for your audio enjoyment - The Spring Peepers!

4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Major congrats, Cristal! :)

jean hart stewart said...

The little froggie reminds me of when I used to raise them from tadpoles and then turn them loose in a nearby pond, Fun days! Much success with your new book..

Cristal Ryder said...

Thanks, Tina. We'll have to change the name for next months.

Thanks Jean! I remember catching tadpoles when I was a kid :)

Fiona McGier said...

Not sure where you are, but around the Midwest, it was nice last week, but this week it's back down to the 40s...maybe into the low 50s at the warmest part of the day. I sure hope the trees that are budding don't get damaged! Last year we had a late April frost and didn't get any cherries or apples from our trees. We're keeping our fingers crossed for this year.