Home

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Rock On #EarthDay2015
















I never get tired of wearing my vintage 1970 booster button to commemorate the very first Earth Day. Back then, I had no idea what Earth Day was about, but one of the cutest boys in school gave me this button, and so I wore it on my t-shirt. I thought it might have something to do with protesting since I wore protest buttons, too, but I knew as little about war then as I did about preserving the environment.

Time has changed my awareness, of course, and my 1970 Earth Day button means, quite literally, the world to me.

Rock on, Earth Day!

For more information about the history of Earth Day visit:

**

Coming April 28, 2015!

LIP SERVICE by Adele Downs
A novel.
Light paranormal romance
From Boroughs Publishing.

Some ghosts won’t take “yes” for an answer.

Jack Harris has loved Legs Anderson since they were kids. Now that he has her in his bed, he has no intention of letting her go. Aunt Ada has other ideas, even from the grave.

GETTING BETWEEN JACK…
Orphaned at a young age, Legs Anderson owes her Aunt Ada everything. The stoic old lady raised her, and Ada’s warnings about men—and the Harris boys in particular—have stuck, even after her death. Of course, that could be because Ada stuck around, too.

 …AND HIS LEGS

Patience is not one of Jack Harris’s virtues, and he’s waited too long to start a life with the woman he’s loved since childhood instead of them just knocking boots. Now Ada is interfering from beyond the grave, haunting the old Victorian house she bequeathed to her niece and reinforcing Legs’s fears of commitment. But Jack won’t give up. No matter what trouble may follow, the house will be renovated, Ada will learn to let go, Legs will put her money where her mouth is…and then Jack’ll put his lips everywhere else.

To learn more about books by Adele Downs visit: http://adeledowns.wordpress.com

4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Gotta love Mother Nature or she's gonna be pissed. :) Love your excerpt, Adele!

Fiona McGier said...

I've saved buttons from other decades also. One of my favorites says "The Moral Majority is Neither." These days I'm wearing: "Reading is Sexy," and "Question Authority, But Not Your Mother." I also have one I wear when registering new voters: "Vote or Shut Up."

jean hart stewart said...

Love the premise of this story!!!

Adele Downs said...

Thanks for your kind comments. I collected political booster buttons for years. It was a fun way to document history.

So glad you enjoyed the premise of my new book. I hope you'll pick up a copy of LIP SERVICE on release day, April 28. Thank you.

Best--Adele