Home

Friday, April 3, 2015

Quotes from Albert Einstein

I've done a previous column on Einstein, but these are different quotes than the ones I used before. He was  a marvelously witty man, besides being a brilliant one.

1. Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

2. The only real valuable thing is intuition.

3. I am convince that He (God) does not play dice.

4. A person starts to live when he can live outside himself.

5. Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds.

6. The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

7. The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

8. Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.

9. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

10. If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play, and z is keeping your mouth shut.


I'd love it if you told me your favorite. Mine is no. 10, and some of you will surely agree.  

Please vote on your favorite. I hate to think these great witticisms of Einstein's just float around with no response.

I can be found at all the usual places, Twitter, Facebook, RomanceBooks4Us, MuseItUp and Ellora's Cave, and of course my own website, www.jeanhartstewart.com.  

DO VOTE!!!!!

7 comments:

Fiona McGier said...

Definitely 1 and 5! I taught my kids that when your brain tells you one thing and your stomach (where I feel instinctive warnings) tells you to worry, you should ALWAYS listen to your stomach. You "lizard brain", the part of us that is still instinct, wants to stay alive above all, while your socialized brain worries about appearing "stupid". Don't worry about how you look, just act quickly!

And number 5? How else can you explain the current state of affairs in the politics of our country? Weak minds don't want to do the work of thinking for themselves, so they believe whatever they're told...even if it's lies being handed to them by manipulative billionaires who want them to act against their own self-interests. Not thinking for yourself is a dangerous, lazy habit that seems to be endemic in our society today.

Old Al was a smart guy in so many ways...but what was with that hair?? ;-D

Tina Donahue said...

5 & 7 - great post, Jean. :)

Mannouchka said...

I really like those one
5. Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds.

6. The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
He was a wonderful mind and wont you to push yourself.
Happy Easter with good weather
Cheers

Mannouchka said...

I really like those two
5. Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds.

6. The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
He was a great mind
Happy Easter
Cheers

jean hart stewart said...

Thanks so much to all of you for commenting. I have some more quote from him, and will probably post them next month...Makes me shivery to know someone is actually reading my posts!!!

jean hart stewart said...

PLEASE NOTE ALL THE VOTES FOR NO. 5!!!

Fiona McGier said...

Not only reading, Jean, but commenting! We gets lots of reads here...I get lots of read on my personal blog also. But readers don't seem to be leaving many comments these days. It's not like we track them down to harass them later. I don't know what the trick is to get people to comment. I run contests and only have 1 person who enters...I guess that's an improvement from running them with NO ONE entering by simply leaving a comment! Ah, fame. So elusive to so many of us writers.