Home

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Culture Evolution - Cecile Tellier



Culture Evolution
When I first began writing I was a teenager.  I didn’t know any other authors especially my age that wrote romance novels.  I had big dreams of publication when I was older and eventually when life happened those and my original story got shelved.  As I grew older I made friends with poets, artists, and other authors.  I have since found there are some cultural shifts in writing that I for one am very glad to see.  Authors are like sisters and brothers in many instances and we do whatever we can to collaborate either in work, knowledge, skills, or just understanding.   We take on huge overwhelming topics like pirating (I will do a blog post on that some day, honest), rejections (we got those), and disappointing reviews (that’s something for another blog day maybe).  I have found in my short time as a published author that I have so many shoulders to cry on and so many friends to celebrate with!
The same can now be said for readers, cover artists, editors, publishers, models, and anyone else interested in the world of books!  With the advent of the Internet new ways to interact through blogging and social media have made it so we are more connected than ever with the very people who help make our writing dreams a reality, and the people who allow it to be a livelihood in so many countries! 
It’s amazing, and as a social butterfly in all walks of my life I have truly enjoyed the community I have joined!  Feel free to contact me on any of my social media accounts, I always respond and look forward to making new connections every day. 
Author's Bio
Author of Truthful Silence, Binding Dreams, and it’s soon to be released sequel Binding Blood, Cecile Tellier holds Masters degrees in Special Education as well as Criminal Justice: Law. She lives in upstate NY with her husband and two children. She got her start in writing as early as high school and has been published in poetry anthologies and freelance erotica. Cecile is part of a wonderfully supportive critique group lovingly referred to as the Round Robbins. Cecile believes that everything in life that can be accomplished should and has endeavored to live up to this whether it was starting a flat track roller derby league or writing the next great romance novel.

Website/Blog: www.ceciletellier.com
Twitter: @CeecTellier 
 Email: CecileTellier1980@gmail.com
 Latest Release: 

3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Welcome to SNSD as our newest Diva, Cecile! :)

jean hart stewart said...

Nice to have you here and get to know you...

Fiona McGier said...

Welcome to the group! I don't know how you find the time to write, if your kids are younger and still at home. When mine were, they totally kept me "in the present" so much that the voices in my head were temporarily silent. Of course the minute my kids were gone most of the day at school, the noise in my head returned with a vengeance.

More power to you for following your dreams of becoming published. Now if more of us could actually achieve just a bit more money, instead of $95 million going to just one author for writing a trilogy of questionable quality, then we'd all be happier. Even her, because after all, after the first few million, how much more do you really need? ;-D