Home

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring & New Beginnings

Do you look at spring as new beginnings? I find the days of blue sky and sun rejuvenate me. Watching for the leaves budding on trees, and flowers poking through the cold earth are still a while away yet, but I can't wait.

Is there anything you're looking forward to? A new beginning you would like to have or something to start over? I don't mean it as having regrets of the past, just something new and exciting on the horizon.
My favourite flower - Frangipani

For me, a new beginning is a new name. As I'm putting together this blog post an important conversation is happening between two people. I'm trying not to think about it because of course I want to know what the outcome will be. From now on I'll be writing as Shana Gray. I only have two titles left under Cristal Ryder, the rest have reverted back to me. So with this exciting change a new beginning was in order.

I don't have a website yet, but it will begin soon. I am on Facebook so please look for me here. I'm also on Twitter and hope you follow me. I do have Pinterest as well and post things there time to time.

Between my last post in this one I got The Call from Harlequin and I'll be writing for Blaze. It's been a whirlwind for the past month and it's going to be very busy for the next little while. So trying to do little things that remind me of spring and growth is also on the books, as well as firing up Dragon to get some words down.


Above is a photo of the clipping that I was finally able to plant today. It's been sitting in water hoping to root for the past month. There has to be some kind of root for the leaves to be so nice, right? So it's a big step for it, and I hope it continues to thrive. It's frangipani, one of my most favorite flowers.

Until next month!




7 comments:

Harlie Williams said...

Major congratulations on getting the call from Harlequin. They are my dream publisher but sadly, it will never happen.

I've never seen that flower. Is it just in Canada? Remember, I live in Texas so flowers here tend to die in the summer.

Marika/Harlie

Tina Donahue said...

Major congrats, Cristal and well deserved. :)

jean hart stewart said...

Much luck on your new beginning. Sounds like things are going well for you.

Shana Gray said...

Thanks Harlie - why won't Harlequin ever happen for you? Never say never.

Thanks much, Tina.

Thank you Jean, just keeping at it :)

Harlie Williams said...

@Shana I've tried for the past 3 years with their writing contest and I never make it out of the first round.

Which is sad since I LOVE category romance. In fact, I devour it.

Harlie

Shana Gray said...

Maybe rather than contests, try their calls for submissions. they have one going on right now for Love Inspired. They just finished one for Blaze. That's how I got my foot in the door a couple years ago. When you do these calls you get actual editor feedback.

Are you on Twitter? If so follow @harlequinbooks and many of their editors tweet too. It's a great way to connect.

Harlie Williams said...

I'm on Twitter but it moves too fast for me. I realize that is where editors hang out and I'm more a FB person.

But I will start following them.

Thanks.

Harlie