Home

Sunday, March 1, 2015

March: A State of the Union

Well, it's official. I've almost made it through my first Canadian winter. March is here, the temps are warming up a smidgeon, and I can't wait until it's flip-flop season. Realistically, I know this won't happen any time soon, but a girl can hope, right?

February was a pretty big month for me as a writer. I submitted another story in my Second Chances series, When You Were Mine and it's been accepted for publication. That'll be coming out on April 9th, 2015. *dance dance* I'm very excited about that.

I also submitted a shorter story (Calculated Risk) to another publisher entirely and that's looking promising as well. It's a short and sweet tale set just outside of London. For a girl who's only left the states a couple of times until I moved to Canada, anglicizing it was a challenge!

I've decided that this year I'm going to branch out and start submitting my work all over the place. As a new author, I'm still looking for my place. My niche. In that search for self, I'm branching out to genres that I don't normally tap into. My current WIP is in the plotting stages at the moment. It's paranormal, which is quite uncommon for me. Since I started writing, I've been strictly MF erotic contemporary.

My one year anniversary as a contracted author is just around the corner. It's in a couple days, in fact. It's made me a little bit introspective, I think. My first year as an author has been huge and I'm excited to see what the next year will bring.



Enough rambling out of me. Above, you'll see my inspirations for Jamie and Cora. Here's an unedited blurb from my newly contracted work, When You Were Mine:

When Cora Blanchard said goodbye to Jamie Connolly seven years ago, she knew she'd have to see him again eventually. What she doesn't expect is for all of the old feelings she thought she had let go, to come rushing back to the surface. It was as if nothing has changed.
Fresh out of a highly publicized train wreck of a relationship, Cora is afraid to trust in those feelings or in herself. She tries to remain friends with him, but she's just fooling herself. There's no way she can be with him and not want more.
The moment that Jamie sees her, he realizes that seven years of silence and two thousand miles haven't changed his feelings. The only thing that has changed is Cora. He sees a sadness in her eyes that was never there before. Just as Jamie is starting to earn her love and her trust, someone threatens to tear them apart forever.

2 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Congrats on your success, Michelle! Well deserved. I don't know how you manage cold winters. It just went down to 51 degrees in Palm Springs and I'm freezing.

Fiona McGier said...

I seem to remember flip-flops. Aren't they something you can wear on your feet when there's no snow and ice to give your toes frostbite?
Don't they replace the smelly boots that never keep your toes warm, but manage to make your feet smell so bad even you don't want to be in the same room with them? Sigh...

Good luck with all of the new stuff coming out!