Home

Monday, March 16, 2015

Grand Marais: Coolest small town in America!


http://www.aol.com/article/2015/03/10/americas-coolest-small-towns-2015/21151716/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl13|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D625610

That's right! The town where I've set my recent series of romances has been voted "the coolest small town in America."  I could have told you that.  In fact, I have, in my last 3 books.  I've changed the names of the local businesses, but reading my books will give you a real feeling for what it's like to be in Grand Marais, and staying at the various lakeside resorts and federal parks up along the Gunflint Trail that leads up into the Sawtooth Mountains.  Grand Marais is on the eastern edge of the BWCA: Boundary Waters Canoe Area. It's an outdoors man's (and woman's) dream!

The criterion for the contest was that the town had to be small (under 10,000 residents), it had to have great dining options, and it had to have a vibrant artistic community and sensibility.  Yup, Grand Marais has all of that.

And it has the gorgeous scenery of the northern shore of Lake Superior, with a peninsula that reaches out into the lake, with a lighthouse and strolling path along much of it, and beaches with tiny pebbles instead of sand, on both sides of the peninsula.  The water is bracing every day, so no matter how hot the temperatures get, you'll never want to linger in it for too long.  I compare it to the feeling you get in your arm when you're looking for that last cold can in the bottom of your cooler. But I find that a wonderful, bracing sensation when it's very hot...my family says it's due to my Celtic background, since my late father from Glasgow, grew up visiting beaches to swim in the North Sea.

So whether or not you plan to visit up there, you can vicariously experience the town of Grand Marais in my books. All 3 books are on sale now for 50% off at my publisher's site using the code: 61NF17DV2LEX. (Also 50% off at All Romances.com, and 25% off at CoffeetimeRomance.com.) Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and other eBook outlets.

For the Love of His Life:



Can a sexy Hispanic action movie star find himself in the BWCA of upper Minnesota? Will the local woman he grows to love believe someone who "lies for a living"?









Only One Man Will Do:  




She's never been satisfied with just one man.  He's not willing to share.  What starts as a fling gets serious quickly, before it turns deadly. How far is he willing to go to keep her to himself?






 Her Last Resort:
 
She's ex-CIA. He's ex-KGB.  Can glasnost (openness) lead to rapprochement (a bringing together), and maybe even to love as west meets east? And can she reconnect with her adult daughter?

 







You have until March 20 to go visit Harley's Reviews to read her review of my most recent book, Her Last Resort, and to enter a rafflecopter give-away to win eBooks of all 3!

 http://www.harliesbooks.com/posts/happy-release-day-author-interview-of-fiona-mcgier-and-review-of-her-last-resort-wa-rafflecopter-giveaway/

Find out what the fuss is all about and fall in love with Grand Marais, along with my brave heroines and sexy, hot heroes.

Find out more, read excerpts, get links to reviews, at: http://www.fionamcgier.com

3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Wow - that's something, Fiona - hope it give you exposure for your awesome books. :)

jean hart stewart said...

Love reading about other worlds, but sure wouldn't enjoy swimming in that cold water. Your books sound great...

Fiona McGier said...

Thanks, Tina and Jean. I fear that since there aren't any virgins or big, bad billionaires in my books, they will languish in obscurity. But I'm proud of them, and just tickled that my favorite vacation destination town just got recognized for the jewel that it is!