Home

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Happy Lunar New Year!!

Today is the Lunar New Year (aka Chinese New Year).

Happy Year of the Sheep!!


Or Year of the Goat, if you prefer. Same thing either way... so far as the Chinese translation of the word is concerned. It's my year. I was born under this lunar sign.

Time to bust out the red clothing and celebrate. According to the sites I've read, this year is specifically the year of the Wood Sheep/Goat. That means a time of renewal and creativity. I look forward to both because last year sucked so far as writing was concerned...for me, at least. Not sure about everyone else.

In honor of the day, I do believe I shall rewatch Fruits Basket -- Romantic Comedy anime featuring the Eastern zodiac animals as shifters who are cursed to become their respective animals whenever they are hugged by someone of the opposite sex. Tohru, the heroine of this anime, moves into a house where three of said zodiac men live. Let the hilarity ensue.

Available on Hulu, Fruits Basket is one my must recommend, must see anime picks. It's a great way to be introduced to anime, if you haven't started already, and includes pretty much every trope anime has to offer. And if you're feeling anxious for more after the anime ends, the manga is worth reading just to finish the main plot and find out how it all resolves.

Happy Reading/Viewing,

~ Zenobia Renquist
Discover Different and Unique Romance & Erotica
http://about.me/zenobiarenquist
Wine Service :: She offers satisfaction above and beyond what is requested. http://zenobiarenquist.com/bookshelf/pro-courtesy/wine-service

3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Will have to give it a try.

jean hart stewart said...

Me, too.

Fiona McGier said...

I hear you. Last year wasn't good for my writing either. I worked too many hours at too many jobs, so I haven't had anything come out since November of 2013.

Here's hoping for a much more productive year for both of us!